Hebrew audio

Cindy van der Ree

While I am so pleased to be able to listen to the Hebrew being read out in my Accordance package, there is no feature yet available to slow down the play back speed.  This means that if I want to practice my Hebrew pronunciation, I have to pause it after every sentence to repeat.  If I could slow it down, it would be easier to repeat after the reader seamlessly, without having to stop and start all the time. Hopefully by posting this suggestion, some can changes can be made? 

• Like 4

Cindy

This has been requested by others: 

So far none of the programmers have commented.

I would definitely like to have the ability to adjust the playback speed of all audio files. I'd also like to be able to import audio files, such as from a Messianic Hebrew siddur.

• Like 1

Since the audio files are MP3s located in the Modules\Tools\AudioResourceName.atool\Resources folders, you can just make playlists and play them on your favorite media player outside of Accordance. Going that route, you're not taking advantage of the integration with other Accordance resources, but you gain comfortable control of the audio, as well as the possibility of various playback features that Accordance would never have, such as echo, pitch, and flanger effects (if you want to add some fun to your studies 😄).

For music lessons, we use AnyTune because you can adjust play speed without distorting the sound. Maybe other apps do this too—I have no idea.

A.D.

11 hours ago, Daniel L said:

Since the audio files are MP3s located in the Modules\Tools\AudioResourceName.atool\Resources folders, you can just make playlists and play them on your favorite media player outside of Accordance. Going that route, you're not taking advantage of the integration with other Accordance resources, but you gain comfortable control of the audio, as well as the possibility of various playback features that Accordance would never have, such as echo, pitch, and flanger effects (if you want to add some fun to your studies 😄).

I do not see the Resources folder, but then again I am using a Mac...

• 3 months later...

Accordance programmers: could you implement such controls please? Some of the speakers talk very fast (e.g., Joshua 2:14).

• Like 1