Recently updated GNT28-T crashes Accordance & Requires newer version of Accordance

ArnoldsBibleResource

• Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  • Android 9, fully updated
  • Accordance Beta (current) v2.2.2b4 (13471)
  • GNT28-T, recently updated.

Good day,

Issue A

I updated modules, including NA28 Greek NT (GNT28-T), about a day or so ago.

Every time on opening the updated GNT28-T, Accordance immediately crashed, exiting.

I uninstalled GNT28-T, but just before doing so, while long-pressing, I noticed a message stating that GNT28-T requires a newer version of Accordance.

Issue B

I tried to reinstall GNT28-T, but Easy Install does not find it as a purchase to list for installation.

By way of testing I also deleted GNT-TRS. Easy Install picks it up for installation again. 

Question: How do I get Easy Install to find and list GNT28-T?

Thanks,

a

• Thanks 1

This may be a bug.  I'll look into it.

• 4 weeks later...

Google Pixel 4XL

Android 11

Accordance 2.2.1

Selecting GNT NA28 immediately crashes.

Screenshot attached is using textus receptus and selecting a word.

Is this the same bag described in this forum still active some months later or is it a new bug?

Thanks

Screenshot_20210605-114124.png

Almost certainly a different bug, but I'll look into it!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Silas. New andrioid update applied now I can use the latest version of NA28. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

When I try to open Qumran Non-Biblical texts, Accordance immediately crashes. sometimes it says QUMRAN requires a newer version of Accordance. But I have the latest version on Google Play. Sounds like a similar bug.

Hi,

I can report this to the programming team for you.

Which version of Android are you using?

Thanks.

Thanks. Version 2.2.3 (13728). I also sent a crash report from my phone when it happened (Samsung Galaxy Fold3 5G).

Hi, We couldn't reproduce that here. Have you tried uninstalling the Qumran Non-Biblical texts and downloading a new copy yet?

Thanks.

Hi. No. I don't see how to do that. I also just did a search in Help for uninstall text and didn't see anything relevant.

I did just now see that there was an update to Qumran Non-Biblical Text and, after installing that, I can open some Qumran texts without Accordance crashing, but not all Qumran scrolls are available. For example, if I try to navigate to 1Qha 1:1 it stays at the scroll I was at previously.

Edited by robrecht