Two hard to see areas in Dark Mode

Ben Tovar

I tried searching the forums for these two issues but came up short. I'm running Mac OS 10.14.6, Accordance 13.1.7, with Dark Mode enabled.

#1 - Editing a User Layer in the 2D Atlas (see Screenshot 1). When I go to edit my new User Layer (Tovar Bible Study), parts of the editing palette that appears are very difficult to see.

#2 - Editing a User Note and adding a Resource Link (See Screenshot 2). The text I enter in the "Search" field is very difficult to see (light gray against white background).

Is there any thing I can do to fix either of these issues? Secondly, is it possible to further customize the editing palette (i.e. make it bigger)?

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+ I have reported other bugs which should be fixed.

This has been discussed before, and I agree. The dark is too dark with too little contrast it becomes unusable. I disabled automatic switching. But then I found the menu bar switched anyway (due to the OS) and I could no longer read that. Bottom line, I'm not a fan of Accordance's implementation of dark mode. But, tbh, I'm not a fan of how logos did it either. On the other hand, Accordance's iOS dark mode is fantastic. IDK what goes into all of that, but the implementation in iOS is much better.