Proverbs in LSB

Randy Cue

I find it interesting that if you set the display for paragraphs, the LSB does not give the chapter heading in chapters after chapter 1. It simply shows the verse number. Is that the way it was meant to be?

I guess YES. The chapters are man made and also can man change what he thinks should be in a chapter. That means if the translator thinks there is no new paragraph, no new perikope, then there is NO paragraph mark in the beginning of the new chapter. 

I'd guess 'no', it's some kind of bug. The LSB has chapter markings in the 'seperate verses' view, so it should indicate new chapters the way other translations do. In their FAQ they don't say they plan to do anything distinct with chapter or verse numbering.

Edited by Daniel Saunders

12 hours ago, Fabian said:

I guess YES. The chapters are man made and also can man change what he thinks should be in a chapter. That means if the translator thinks there is no new paragraph, no new perikope, then there is NO paragraph mark in the beginning of the new chapter. 

But if you go to their website to read Proverbs, it shows chapter numbers.

15 hours ago, Randy Cue said:

But if you go to their website to read Proverbs, it shows chapter numbers.

Yes, you are correct. It make no sense if there are headings. If there are no headings, then my explanation could be possible, as it is in other Bibles too.

Yes, this looks like a scripting oversight on our part. We'll take care of it asap.

• Like 1

Thanks for looking into this, Mark.

• Like 1

An update (version 1.3) is available now that resolves this issue in Proverbs.

• Like 2

Thanks, Mark. Looks great!

• Like 1