"You're Using Accordance Light" email

mhanel

I just received an email from marketing thanking me for using Accordance Lite and offering an upgrade to the complete package. The only issue is I already own Accordance. Did I do something wrong in the upgrade process somewhere along the way or is this just an error of miscommunication?

From the email:

"This is just a reminder that you're using the Accordance Lite Version and for just $39 you can upgrade to the Full Version. With this upgrade you will also get over 60 resources to enhance your studies. The Accordance program will unlock all its features for you and Easy Install will download your additional titles. It's that easy.

If you're new to Accordance may we suggest our Staff Pick: the Basic Starter Collection. Valued at over $239, this collection includes over 60 resources and includes the full program for Windows or Mac OS. All for just $39."

It was probably just sent to you in error. I think I got one the other day, too, and I've been a customer since 1998 😉 

I also got that message the other day and am just assuming it was by mistake.

I wonder if it has to do with owning the Legacy Standard Version. I have received a couple since "buying" it and I have been an Accordance customer since version 7.

1 hour ago, Timothy Hall said:

I wonder if it has to do with owning the Legacy Standard Version. I have received a couple since "buying" it and I have been an Accordance customer since version 7.

Hmmm...I don't own Legacy Standard Version, but do have full version of Accordance, and I still got the message.

Yesterday I was having trouble logging for Easy Install. When I finally succeeded (many false starts), I received said email. It shows up in my purchases now. Like Rick, I am an old (and long-time) user (1995: version 1.1a via 3.5 inch floppies). There was no Lite version at that time.

• Like 2

Received it again today! Perhaps it is triggered by making a purchase. I made one earlier in the day.

I am really starting to feel left out, people. 

• Haha 2

I replied, and Accordance assured me that I had purchased the full version 13. I feel better now. 😆

Michael, we're trying to figure out what's triggering this. By chance, did you download Accordance recently? Or did you log out of the application and log back in?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Michael, we're trying to figure out what's triggering this. By chance, did you download Accordance recently? Or did you log out of the application and log back in?

Rick

I did recently perform the inline upgrade to 13.1.7 (shortly after release; when prompted by the program I believe).

I also had issues with Easy Install giving the error that my credentials were invalid. The link to the website to correct this showed that I was logged in (at least in the website). I found that the website uses email as the user and the program uses something else. The program has logged me out several times since the website change (never happened under the prior website that I recall).

Hope this helps. Thanks to all the staff who are attentive to such things. Now, would you like to provide variable playback speed for audio as I and several others have requested? 😜

I got one just after installing the LSB - Legacy Standard Bible.

I don't remember how many pings I got before it stopped but I don't recall any recently. Two I think. 1, Thank you for downloading Accordance Lite, and 2, a week later, Hope you're enjoying the Accordance Program, reminding me that I was use Lite version and what I could do to upgrade.

thx

D

Mine came after upgrading to to version 13.1.7

We believe we’ve narrowed down the issue and have implemented a correction. If you get an email thanking you for downloading the Lite version when you shouldn’t receive it, after today, please let us know. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Rick

I received another email starting, "This is just a reminder that you're using the Accordance Lite Version and for just $39 you can upgrade to the Full Version."

Shalom,
Michael

15 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

I received another email starting, "This is just a reminder that you're using the Accordance Lite Version and for just $39 you can upgrade to the Full Version."

I don’t know a definitive answer, but I can speculate. From my understanding, we’ve figured out what was causing the emails to be generated to paid users and have taken steps to prevent it in the future. However—and here’s the speculation part—it may be that since you received an earlier email, you may have been part of an automation to send the second email. That’s a guess, though.

Isn't automation wonderful? 🙃