Servers are unreachable

Pastor Jonathan

This is a flow off of my VM project. I am still working through that and I am almost done. However, today, I came into the office and I got everything set like I normally do and when I tried to get Accordance to load, I got a message saying that the servers could not be reached at this time. 

I am not sure if it is my end or if it is Accordance's end, but I am not sure where to go. The only suggestion that I am given is to try back later. I will keep doing so but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

Has Accordance run previously on this VM without that message? 

Were you able to get to other Internet sites? 

Were you able to get to https://accordancebible.com?

Yes on all of the questions. 

Yesterday was just fine. Today, no. Nothing, to my knowledge, has changed. 

I am trying a different process right now to see if it works. 

I am re-installing the software (going to the newly released version) and it is reaching the servers just fine. I am wondering if it is indeed my end. I will let you know. Thank you. 

Edited by Pastor Jonathan

It sounds like a transient Internet problem that shouldn't affect usage of Accordance for today. You could try again in a few hours. 

4 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

It sounds like a transient Internet problem that shouldn't affect usage of Accordance for today. You could try again in a few hours. 

Hmmm. Ok. I will give it a try and see what comes up. The other idea I had is working. It allowed me to install but then it crashes when I open the app. It asked for something called My highlights HTL or something like that. Of course that was all deleted from a clean install, so I am not sure what to do about that. I am restarting the VM to see if that kicks it. 

There's information missing here. Are you talking about Accordance running on two different platforms and there is a problem on one platform and a different problem on another? 

5 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

There's information missing here. Are you talking about Accordance running on two different platforms and there is a problem on one platform and a different problem on another? 

No. My VM is what is having the issue. I only have Linux as my host OS.

As this is moving to a VM support issue, I'm not sure it's in the spirit of the forum any more for me to continue here. I'd be happy to assist outside of the forum. If that works for you, you can PM me. 

2 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

As this is moving to a VM support issue, I'm not sure it's in the spirit of the forum any more for me to continue here. I'd be happy to assist outside of the forum. If that works for you, you can PM me. 

I appreciate it and understand. Let me work with this a little and I will see what comes up. Thanks. 

Alright. I am back in business. I had to do a complete re-install of the VM and am now reinstalling the resources. This process has taken a while and I am starting from scratch, so I hope it goes through.