"Easy Install" - Some manual installation required, directions cut off, hidden links

Daniel L

No other paid software requires users to manually delete files when running updates. The installation process ought to be handling this kind of thing. This is a universal expectation for software. As someone who has worked in IT Support, I can tell you for sure that there are many non-technical users who will never find and delete the proper files.

Easy Install doesn't inform where the files are, and by default, Windows 10 Search indexes only libraries and the desktop; it does not include C:\ProgramData. (I recommend Windows users to use Everything for finding files.)

To be able to re-install GWORD, I had to go into both the Texts and Tools folders to delete all the GWORD files.

I think most people just click Download All and don't notice the directions/warnings in Easy Install at all.

Anyhow, my original purpose was to show that the directions are cut off. See my screenshots. This problem has been around a long time, and all user workarounds are blocked. There is no way to scroll to the right, resize the window, enable word-wrap, or copy and paste the text somewhere else to read it.

image.png.b19551a8fea3f0273c7eef14291b1ffc.png

image.png.28af23fdbec2357b3599c73b2b3d0ceb.png

Also, the URLs are not clickable. The area underneath the supposed hypertext is where the real link is. This is a new bug.

On a related, positive note, thank you for vastly improving the speed of the embedded browser.

Now, we come to this familiar kind of error, which appeared twice.

image.png.48ccb9b4e331cfde5056b89af6d55326.png 

Then this:

image.png.20453ebc6639bf3a41fbc4efdf9fd8a3.png

Then this:

image.png.a8f71b3a94e4c2b4a97390c18cea1a89.png

In changing the folders' permissions, the user has to be savvy enough to not choose the one that is a subfolder of the Temp folder.

Accordance froze at the end of the installation process. I had to force-close it in Task Manager and restart Accordance not using the last saved session. Through this process, sometimes Accordance started up with the Library resized to be extremely narrow.

Edited by Daniel L

What version of Accordance are you using in these screenshots?

13.1.7 on Windows 10 Version 20H2

I've seen this same problem in earlier Accordance versions.

On the Mac are sometimes the URL also not clickable, but 7mm above or below, the LinkHand is coming.