⌘H/Hiding Accordance

grayweaver

⌘H doesn’t always work as expected. Sometimes it hides other times it puts the main Accordance window behnd everything else. I can’t seem to repeat this behaviour consistently?

I think it depends on how you organize your windows and if you have other Accordance windows open. Does this happen in full screen? 

No. I have only one window open sometimes with more than one tab. I almost never work in full screen. But as I previously wrote, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't!

The "Hide Accordance" option is not something we implement.  It's something Apple implements.  We have no control over it.

Edited by Silas Marrs

Does command + m not work? That’s the minimize command with which I’m familiar. Or is hide something different than minimize? 

Hiding is different from minimise or yellow dot. Hide just makes any program disappear rather than bury itself in the app icon in the dock. I suppose they are a bit similar?

From MacSuperUsers - 

To start, there are cosmetic differences: Minimize does a little graphic effect and puts a shrunken icon of the window into your Dock (on the right hand side, not with the apps, although this can be changed).  Hide makes all of the application's windows simply disappear from view without any changes to the Dock.

But the big difference lies in how you make the windows reappear.

• Minimized windows require a mouse click in the Dock to summon them.

• Hidden apps will reappear if you Command-Tab to the app, so you can bring back the windows using the keyboard only.

(You can also click in the Dock to get a hidden app back.)

If you use Command-Tab heavily, this avoids using the mouse, I use "Hide" quite a bit but never use "Mimimize" as it requires mouse interaction to get the window back.

As others have noted, you can set the Dock preferences to "minimize into application icon". This doesn't change the keyboard/mouse equation; all it does is prevent a "minimized" window from getting its own icon in the Dock - instead you have to click on the app icon in the dock to un-minimize the window.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1