An Issue with Text Selection in Accordance

Martin Z

As shown below, even I have put my cursor close to the border of ה, it is still not part of the selection.

This often cause my text selection and copy to miss a letter.

Is there any way to improve this?

Thanks!

MacOS 11.2.3

Acc 13.1.6

AccTextSelection.gif

• Like 2

Yes, a fix on this would be appreciated! I often encounter this problem, not just in selecting a word but also a group of words. To avoid it, I have to either double-click to select a word or, for a group of words, double-click on the first one, then manually select the following ones (alt + cap. + arrow). It's non-intuitive and breaks the work flow. Thanks!

• Like 1

It's supposed to be based on the midpoint of the letter.  If you are before the midpoint, it includes the letter, if you are after, it doesn't. 

For me, it's working pretty reliably.  But I'm looking at it in Accordance 13.1.7

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silas Marrs said:

It's supposed to be based on the midpoint of the letter.  If you are before the midpoint, it includes the letter, if you are after, it doesn't. 

For me, it's working pretty reliably.  But I'm looking at it in Accordance 13.1.7

Thanks for taking a look Silas. Accordance is the only app that I've seen do this, so it might be worth considering a modification. It really is a little distracting for the work flow.

25 minutes ago, Silas Marrs said:

As you can clearly see in the gif I posted, I have placed the curser close to the right border of Hey and moving the mouse left, but the Hey is not selected. My experience is radically different. I would be much happier even if midpoint works.

Edit:

I upgraded to 13.1.7. It does seem to act as you described. So I'm happy about it.

Thanks!

Edited by martinacc
  • Like 1

Accordance is the only app that I've seen do this, so it might be worth considering a modification.

Most apps that I've seen work this way.

For instance, try selecting the center "mom" on the row below. 

MOMMOMMOM

My web browser (google chrome), seems to use the same "midpoint" rule Accordance is using.  Maybe yours is different, but this is pretty standard.

Edited by Silas Marrs
clarification

2 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

I'm looking at it in Accordance 13.1.7

Can you or someone else test it in 13.1.6? The problem I had was with 13.1.6 (and the earlier versions, though I'm not sure if it applies to all past versions). The issue I described seems to have gone away in 13.1.7.

10 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

Most apps that I've seen work this way.

For instance, try selecting the center "mom" on the row below. 

MOMMOMMOM

My web browser (google chrome), seems to use the same "midpoint" rule Accordance is using.  Maybe yours is different, but this is pretty standard.

Hi Silas. With Safari, if I click in the middle of your capitalized word, or at the end or at the beginning, it selects the whole word. That would seem logical: if I double click on a word (as opposed to click + hold on a letter), it's because I'm wanting to select the whole word. That's standard in my experience. I don't do otherwise in any other program, and the results are uniform except with Accordance.

Donald, can you give me an example of a verse/word where double clicking doesn't select the whole word?  It is working in the cases I've tried.