Easy Install Freezes

crossnote

Using Windows 10, Easy Install freezes each time. I have to use Task Manager to close it.

I think the problem began when I abruptly aborted a download.

Does it freeze when you are opening Easy Install, or when you are downloading something?

And are you running the most up-to-date version? (13.1.7 as of now)

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. Free version. On launching Accordance an empty "Easy install" window opens and that's it. Maybe it's frozen. Maybe it can't get the data to show, but cannot continue nor close it.

Tried it with two separate machines. BOth win 10.

Tried with ver 12 also on one machine. The problem is the same. Easy install window is empty. Refresh shows like it's loading purchases,  but ends up with empty window.

Which free version of Accordance are you using? You can find this in the Help dropdown menu (About Accordance). You will want to update to the latest version (13.3.1).

Are you by any chance using a VPN? If so turn it off and try again. Also, do you have security/filtering/cleaning software that may be affecting Accordance?

We can't reproduce this issue here in testing. Here are some things that you can try to see if it clears this issue up for you.

It is possible that you may have a damaged installation. Did you by any chance use Google Chrome to download Accordance? Chrome is mistaking Accordance for malware on some computers and will cripple the download to various degrees and it will never work correctly. If you used Chrome, please throw that download away and get a new download and run it again using any other browser. Please restart your PC before running the new download to quit any background processes that may still be running (Task Manager alone can do this sometimes, but restarting the PC does it every time).

If you did not use Chrome, Accordance Safe Mode will allow you to easily remove or disable User Content, Settings, Connectivity and do Clean up for troubleshooting purposes. 

On a Windows PC, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the Accordance icon in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

Please select ‘Remove startup session’, ‘Clear Library Cache’, ‘Clear Research Cache’, ‘Clear cached downloads’ and then launch Accordance. 

If this doesn’t correct the issue, you can go back into Accordance Safe Mode and select ‘Remove General Settings’ and then relaunch Accordance. This will reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal. 

Let us know if these steps do not help and we can escalate the trouble shooting.

Thanks.