Research Crash in 13.1.7

Tony Lawrence

When I attempt a search using Research for the term Chisam as an English Entry using [All Tools] Accordance abruptly crashes. I can limit the search to [Dictionaries] the search performs as normal. 

You may have a bad tool. In duplicating the search and conditions on my Mac it works without crashing.

Most likely a bad Research Cache.  Try "Rebuild Research Cache" in the "Reading/Research" preferences, and see if the problem still occurs afterwards.

5 minutes ago, Silas Marrs said:

Most likely a bad Research Cache.  Try "Rebuild Research Cache" in the "Reading/Research" preferences, and see if the problem still occurs afterwards.

Would it not be possible the cashes rebuilds by the updates?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silas Marrs said:

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

• Like 3

On 4/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, Fabian said:

Would it not be possible the cashes rebuilds by the updates?

That's something Joel and I have discussed, but the Research Cache corruption should be very rare now.  Joel did a fix last year that seems to have solved the issue for new research caches, so we're operating on the theory that these crashes are probably from caches that were corrupted prior to that fix.  If we're right, these crashes should stop coming in entirely as time goes on.

Thanks for the advice guys, I restored the research cache through the settings, and my problem was solved.

Edited by MaxOliver
  • Like 1