Philokalia in English

docdave

I'd be interested in having the Philokalia in Accordance. I think Faber & Faber, or Farrar, Straus, and Giroux (which might now be part of Macmillan) publishes volumes 1-4 in English translation, and another publisher (St George Monastery?) has recently released an English translation of volume 5. 

• Like 3

I'd love to have this, too.

Any chance we could get the Greek as well ?

thx

D

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:20 PM, docdave said:

I'd be interested in having the Philokalia in Accordance. I think Faber & Faber, or Farrar, Straus, and Giroux (which might now be part of Macmillan) publishes volumes 1-4 in English translation, and another publisher (St George Monastery?) has recently released an English translation of volume 5. 

Yes, the first four volumes of the Philokalia of the Neptic Fathers are published by Macmillan under the Farrar, Straus and Giroux imprint. It's been 25 years since the fourth volume was released. I've heard Bishop Kallistos Ware comment that the fifth volume has not yet been published because he's been so busy. Presumably, the fifth volume from Macmillan is still forthcoming. 

In the meantime, a fifth volume not associated with the Macmillan series has been released. From what I gather, it comes out of St. George Monastery in Jerusalem and is published by an Australian Orthodox publisher

I have the print versions of all five. I just wish those who published the fifth volume had made it the same size as the Macmillan editions because they look rather ghastly on the shelf together. 

IMG_0772.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I just wish those who published the fifth volume had made it the same size as the Macmillan editions because they look rather ghastly on the shelf together. 

Wow! They really did make it stick out like a sore thumb in comparison to the other volumes!

• 1 year later...