Accent at Wrong Places in Joüon & Muraoka

Martin Z

The accent is placed above the letter that is next to the correct letter.

This issue is everywhere. See screenshot:

image.png.5655ee7b8d2e52a0fb9036d726594c85.png

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know. The best thing to do when finding a mistake is to select the incorrect text and then choose "Report a correction" from the contextual menu. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.42.45 AM.png

• Like 1

An update to Jouon-Muraoka is in the pipeline and should be available any day now that fixes this issue and more. Thanks for your patience!

Mark

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Thanks for letting us know. The best thing to do when finding a mistake is to select the incorrect text and then choose "Report a correction" from the contextual menu. 

Thanks. It's all over the place, NOT limited to the highlighted words, as you can see in the screenshot, so I thought it might be better to post it here with a screenshot.

2 minutes ago, martinacc said:

Thanks. It's all over the place, NOT limited to the highlighted words, as you can see in the screenshot, so I thought it might be better to post it here with a screenshot.

Well, it's guaranteed to get to the correctors if you file a report. They could, theoretically, not see it here. You can always add in the comments of your report that it appears in multiple places.

• Like 1

Just now, R. Mansfield said:

Well, it's guaranteed to get to the correctors if you file a report. They could, theoretically, not see it here. You can always add in the comments that it appears in multiple places.

I see. Will do this in the future.

Thanks!

• Like 1

So an update (version 2.7) has just been released, and I've realized that this example of improper stress marks (and many others) were missed. I apologize for that, and am in the process of making sure that they are all fixed in the next update, which will be released asap. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Thanks, Mark. I look forward to some fixes.

I sympathize with @martinacc about filling out correction reports. That's why I came to forum and not to a correction report. There are so many accent errors (see especially §96 on segolate nouns) that it feels as though a correction report for all of them should warrant Accordance paying *me* to work on the module. Come to think of it, that might not be such a bad idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that in the recent update, most of §96 is cleaner, but there are still plenty of errors re: מֶ֫לֶך and סֵ֫פֶר, for example.

Hi @Philip Mohr, this is just my thought, but I think the correction report is still your best way since it funnels the issue to the right department, compared to the forum, where people like me can answer. :)

That said, the correction report is not bad at all since it has a "comments" section. When you submit the report, just mention in the report that the issue you are reporting is just an example and that there are other instances in the text.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

• Like 2

Thanks for all your input. Frankly, Joüon & Muraoka is a mess. We've released an update that fixes some of the accent issues, but many remain. I'm continuing to work through it, and would welcome any correction reports anyone wants to send. It may be easier to collect them and send them in a single email to mallison@accordancebible.com, or corrections@accordancebible.com.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3