Hand-Off is unsuccessful

Fabian

Hello 

Maybe Hand-Off works perfectly with the App Store version. But not with the direct download ones. 

I can choose. On Big Sur 11.3 Beta 5? 

1214042811_Bildschirmfoto2021-04-05um17_29_36.png.72aa24fe061cb994890e093356fbb3e4.png

On the Mojave it doesn't appear. 

From Mojave to Big Sur √ , but it is not successfully.

From Big Sur to Mojave -, it even doesn't appear.

But it fails.

1362222508_Bildschirmfoto2021-04-05um17_25_55.png.edaf053944eb4df16f34caa67924910c.png

I have sent more than one feature requests to Apple and now the bug. But maybe it is also on your side.

From the iPhone it works perfectly.

816178527_Bildschirmfoto2021-04-05um17_39_46.png.5ced2afe805487358babcfeecf991d22.png

Thanks

Edited by Fabian

If you start with a closed Accordance on the target Mac. It opens Accordance but only with the standard Bible in Gen 1:1.

It doesn't open the correct module and not on the correct place. 

1 hour ago, Fabian said:

If you start with a closed Accordance on the target Mac. It opens Accordance but only with the standard Bible in Gen 1:1.

It doesn't open the correct module and not on the correct place. 

Hi Fabian,

I tried this out and seems OK at this end.

I started with Accordance on the Mac closed... then navigated to a resource on the iPhone, clicked the icon on the Mac bar and it opened at the same location.

I then messed about with the Startup Last session/favourite session etc., and I was sure I saw it glitch once, and not open with what was on the phone but open the default session. However I've tried all combinations since, and can't get it to do it again.

Sorry I can't be anymore help.

John

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dataduffy said:

Hi Fabian,

I tried this out and seems OK at this end.

I started with Accordance on the Mac closed... then navigated to a resource on the iPhone, clicked the icon on the Mac bar and it opened at the same location.

I then messed about with the Startup Last session/favourite session etc., and I was sure I saw it glitch once, and not open with what was on the phone but open the default session. However I've tried all combinations since, and can't get it to do it again.

Sorry I can't be anymore help.

John

Hello John

There is a difference between 3 ways. 2 of them are from the Mac / iOS App Store. This works fine since Accordance has implemented it. 

What I describe here is the 3. way. From an Accordance not from the App Store, but from the Accordance website. And this is new, if I'm correct, that this works. At least Accordance starts but the process is not fully successful. Also from the Mac to the iOS don't work. The 3. way was not supported from Apple, only the Hand-Off with the App Store versions. I have requested this feature by Apple a few times, it seems it is 50% here, but not full. 

Do you use the Mac App Store version of Accordance 13? If not then there is a bug on my side.

Thanks

Fabian

Hi Fabian

i am using the Apple App Store version. 
Sorry, I missed that detail in your original post.

Thanks

John

• Thanks 1

Hello John

The Hand-Off is one feature, I thinking to change to the MAS version next time if this is not coming to the version from the website.

Fabian