Amplify to an atlas

Nicholas

Hola,

I’m using Accordance on iPad.  I’m reading the OT.  I read a location that is not familiar to me.  Let’s say it’s Bochim, just for example.  I touch and hold on this word to bring up a dialog box that enables me to “search” or “amplify” but it seems to me that neither option allows me to visually locate this place on an atlas.

Is there some sort of quick way to select a location in the Biblical text so that it brings up that location in an atlas?

Thanks much!

Nicholas

Amplifying to an atlas is not yet available for Accordance on iOS; however, you can do this in the Windows and macOS versions of Accordance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

however, you can do this in the Windows and macOS versions of Accordance.

Am i correct in assuming this is the accordance atlas? (A module i havent bought yet as it currently doesnt run on ios).

i had a quick search in my other atlases and couldnt find bochim in any of them.

1 minute ago, ukfraser said:

Am i correct in assuming this is the accordance atlas? (A module i havent bought yet as it currently doesnt run on ios).

i had a quick search in my other atlases and couldnt find bochim in any of them.

Amplifying to the Atlas is built into the contextual menu. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 12.35.41 PM (3).png

Of course, in Accordance, you can amplify to anything. You can even search all your atlases at once. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 12.39.15 PM (3).png

As for the Bochim not showing up on a map, from my understanding, it's exact location is not currently known. It does have an entry in most Bible dictionaries.

• Like 1

Thanks, looking forward to when that functionality comes to ios!

;o)