Update! Accordance 13.1.6 Windows/macOS

R. Mansfield

Accordance for Windows & macOS has been updated to v. 13.1.6 delivering many changes and fixes. Choose Check for App Update from within Accordance to download.

Changes 
  • Library context menu items:
    • The “Export Selected Data” is now dimmed if a text is selected, since this option only works with Tools.
    • When nothing is selected, the option now reads “Export All Data”, to indicate that bibliography data will be exported for ALL tools where it is available.
    • The “Print” and “Copy Picture” options will now be dimmed unless nothing is selected, to indicate that these options apply to the Library as a whole, not to selected items.
  • Updated the rendering of the Syntax Tree pane for the Andersen-Forbes Hebrew database to not draw any lines to the Qere words in brackets.
  • Changed preference name “Insert citation as footnote” to read “Insert citation only as footnote”, to help clarify that no citation will appear when pasting into apps that don’t support RTF footnotes.
  • Changed Help menu link from ‘Podcasts’ to ‘Videos’ to reflect current training resources.
  • When doing initial setup, the Default Greek and Hebrew Key tool (used when overriding) is now set to the same choice as the Default Greek and Hebrew Dictionary, for a better initial experience. Otherwise those fields would just default to Tool #1.
  • French Timeline localization completed.
  • Spanish, French, Italian, and Chinese localization updates
  • Updated Help for 13.1.6

Fixes 
  • Issue that would prevent the creation of Papers in some localizations.
  • When double clicking in editable text, like in a Paper, wouldn’t properly show the full selection.
  • Right Click > Look Up > Dictionary on a mixed language selection would cause the “selection cannot have mixed languages” warning to pop up multiple times (once for every installed tool) instead of just once.
  • Mousing over a Strongs number would sometimes not give Instant Details.
  • Instant Details lookup could sometimes provoke an alert about a Tool that is not installed.
  • Issue that would cause the Table Bar Chart to show the wrong results for the graph class selected.
  • Improved the rendering of the Syntax Tree pane to better represent the QUMRAN syntax database.
  • Tool article authors with middle initials would not have the initial capitalized.
  • Upgrading old User Notes to new User Notes would mistakenly remove hyperlinks.
  • Font information was being lost when copying from/to a User Note Edit window.
  • When pasting Hebrew into a non-unicode edit window:
    • Sometimes characters would draw out of order.
    • Fixed the direction of brackets and parentheses for this case.
  • The styles would be offset when pasting into a non-unicode edit window.
  • Issue that would cause a an error message about a missing Text to pop up when opening a Notes file or searching one for a verse.
  • During text import, HTML tags at the start of verses would not be properly dealt with.
  • Issues that could occur during Bible Import if a verse is absurdly long.
  • Where “Copy as Resource Link” would always export links to unicode Greek/Hebrew instead of respecting the unicode export settings.
  • Modules names that contain accented characters could not be updated with content update.
  • Crash and notes corruption that could occur during Dropbox sync if a user had only one note in a corpus which had been edited on two different machines since their last sync.
  • Crash that could occur when clicking on a parallel tool pane when Live Click was turned on.
  • Crash when importing a PDF to a User Tool.
  • Crash that could occur due to one specific type of workspace corruption.
  • Crash that could occur when moving a Tool folder into the root of the Tools category in the Library.
  • Crash that could occur when the “Synchronize text with other applications” preference was turned on, but no workspaces were currently open.

Mac specific fixes
  • Added Customizable Keyboard shortcut (no default), to toggle Unicode Export on/off with a nice notification.
  • When Accordance workspaces were present on several Mac Spaces, sometimes clicking on a workspace would switch to a workspace on another Space.
  • When opening a workspace from a file where windows were not being reliably maximized. 
  • Reverted the toolbar back to the pre-Big Sur style.
  • Where certain right justified informational text (e.g. Check for Updates details text) was formatted right-to-left instead of left-to-right.
  • When syncing notes files with Dropbox that would cause the merge note dialog to close before the user had time to select which note to keep.
  • Where macOS 11 wasn’t considered new enough to use Dropbox.
  • Case when Dropbox syncing would fail to complete.
  • Crash log file has been renamed to prevent a crash in the Console app that seems to occur due to mixed use of underscores and spaces.

Windows specific fixes
  • Case when the “Insert citation only as footnote” preference would cause a paste into User Tool edit windows to fail.
  • Updates for NRSVS could not be installed.
  • When certain Construct searches would fail.
  • Issue that was preventing Bibleworks note import on Windows.
  • When the Edge embedded browser wasn't visible when run in a dialog, such as showing the EULA.
  • Crash that could occur for some users when attempting to Copy As Location URL.
  • Like 2

Accordance v. 13.1.6 is also now available in the Mac App Store. 

Well, at least he/she gave us four out of five stars anyway 😉

And hopefully he/she contacted support for help.

This may not be the correct place to post this question. If not, I apologize. However, since you've mentioned the update and the Mac App Store, I thought I'd ask my questions here.

I downloaded Accordance a few weeks ago when the free package with the LSB came out. This is my first encounter with Accordance. I purchased a starter collection today (with the sale going on). When I downloaded the LSB package, I simply downloaded the DMG file. What are the differences in going through Mac App Store and downloading the DMG file? And exactly how to I get my new package to install? I thought it might automatically update, but so far it is not. Thanks.

I just figured out how to install my new collection. I didn't take time to read enough. :) Sorry for the waste of time on that one.

However, I am still curious about the differences between the App Store vs DMG versions. Thanks.

Pro MAS: Hand-off feature works both ways. Sandboxed. Advertising Accordance on the MAS.

Pro DMG: faster updates. No 30% to Apple. 

17 minutes ago, John Gentry said:

However, I am still curious about the differences between the App Store vs DMG versions. Thanks.

Hi John! Overall, I personally believe it's better to download Accordance directly from our servers because you will get updates a few days faster and the application is not as sandboxed (which can be a good or bad thing according to one's perspective) as the version from the Mac App Store. And from what our support folks tell me, it's a bit easier to troubleshoot issues on the version of Accordance obtained from us as opposed to the Mac App Store. We generally encourage new users to download Accordance directly from our servers.

So why are we on the Mac App Store? Three main reasons off the top of my head. The first one is for us, and the second and third items in the list are for our users.

1. Discoverability. I don't remember the exact number, but it's in the thousands in regard to new customers we get every year when people look for Bible software in the Mac App Store. I also hope to see us in the Windows store one day, for this same reason, because I believe the opportunity for discoverability would be even greater there. 
  2. Security. Some users prefer the tighter security precautions and screening that come with apps from the Mac App Store.
  3. Ease of install. Some customers like the ease of use for setting up a new Mac simply by going to the Mac App Store to download all their applications.