Streamline adding to my Wishlist

bdollahite

Request:  Add an "add to wishlist" functionality (button) to the web page that displays results of a search of the Accordance store.

Rationale:   Currently to add an module to my wishlist, I need to search for it, and ten go to its product page, and from there add the item to a wishlist.  This process would be okay, if Accordance web store was not so slow.  Today, on a very high-speed connection, it was 20 to 30 seconds to go from search results to a product's webpage so I could add item to y wishlist.  

Also this feature would enable me to be more productive if I want to add several item from the same search to my wishlist.  Currently, I need to go to product page, the return to search then go to next product page, add to wishlist, etc.  If there was an "add to wishlist" button on each search results I could avoid all of the view product page actions and returns to searching results.  

I am not suggesting removing the "add to wishlist" functionality from a product's page, rather enabling same functionality from a store's search result web page.  I don't always need to see product page to add an item to my wishlist.

FWIW, we are continue to work on making the site faster.

Two days ago, I clicked the button to "add to wish list" for three items, but it created a separate wish list for each item! :wacko: I wanted them all on the same list.

• Like 1

Daniel — I think you created three wish lists by accident.   The new wish list feature allows you to have multiple wish lists and you name each one when you create it.   Then the next time when you select add item to wish list a list of your wish lists is presented and you need to select the wish list to which the item is to be added.  I think you instead created a new wish list each time instead of adding to an existing list.  If so  - you could go back to two of the items and add them to the wish list of the other item and then delete the two wish lists no longer needed.  Hope this helps.  If not, post more about your experience and I will try and help.

I understand how to use multiple wish lists. The feature works great at Amazon.

I think I had first added to a wish list before I was logged in. Then I logged in and added more items. I was never shown an option to add to a previous list, so I don't think I did anything wrong.

Just now, I tried adding multiple items while logged in, and the issue appears to have been fixed. Note to developers: I didn't test the feature this time while not logged in.