User Note Migration

Pastor Kevin

I was using Accordance 9.6.8 on an older MacBook. I have a bunch of notes in my "pastor Kevin" note file. I have upgraded to a new MacBook running OS 11.2.3 and upgraded to the new Accordance 13.1.5

How can I migrate my user notes from my old Mac onto my new? I tried copying the file to the Accordance Files/User Notes folder, but that didn't work. What's the trick?

Only a suggestion: Have then double clicked on it? So Accordance know they are there?

Another way: On the bottom of the Library press the + (plus sign) 566910651_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-23um17_51_30.png.9f889b068cef834210ef099b955f287a.png and lead Accordance to it.

After then there is a checkbox to convert the User Notes to the new format. See the image below. There is in the Preferences. 

Edited by Fabian

Neither works. When I double click it opens in Text Edit (see below), and when I use the + sign and try to lead accordance, it is grayed out and can not be selected.

Image 3-23-21 at 1.09 PM.jpg

If you have imported it. Run under the Help the 1766299581_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-23um18_21_31.thumb.png.a570dd828e7c9d30eb08e0128d07c830.pngSetapp Assistent. Go through. At the end it asks you if you want to convert to the new Notes format. The new notes support unicode. 

BINGO! There was no extension. I even checked on the old computer and again, there was no extension. I added .acc4 and presto, it opened. THANK YOU!!! I was really hoping I would not loose my notes.

• Like 1

Down side. It seemed to import them under the Italian Bible Translation. Is there a way to change that to an English version?

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 1.27.20 PM.png

• 2 years later...

Can this be explained in easier to understand language please? I have just bought a Mac Mini as my iMac has reached the end of its life. I have installed Accordance on my new mac, I was hoping that simply syncing via dropbox would bring all my notes back. However that is not the case. New notes sync via dropbox, but all my older notes from years of using accordance on my imac are not syncing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can manually copy your notes from your old iMac to the Mac mini. Are they in the Accordance Files folder on your iMac?

I have tried this via iCloud Drive but it doesn't seem to be working. I was trying to import, but it wouldn't work. If I double click on the accordance file, which is a .acc4 file, they open in accordance. Will they now stay in accordance ? Thanks

They should. If they don't, reach out to Tech Support, and we'll get you taken care of.