Flex-like feature for Verses search

OSchrock

I understand the necessity for verse references to be properly formatted when running searches. But, it would be nice to have a feature like "flex" that could find references even when not properly formatted or containing "extra characters." This would be especially useful when pasting a list of verses from an external source.

For instance, when pasting the following list of verses, I have to delete all the "extra characters" (in bold).

Gen. 12:3; 18:18; (see also: Gen. 22:18; 26:4; 28:14); 1 Chr. 13:14ff; Deut. 28:12 cf. Deut 30:1; Ps.72:17; and, Mal. 3:12.

Hypothetically a "verses-flex" search would be able to eliminate the extra characters and search for just the scripture references.

• Like 3

I have also a long time ago requested that after you have chosen a Bible book name from the quick entry the space is autmatically set or it doesn't need it. 

31 minutes ago, OSchrock said:

Ps.72:17

Like this. Or only Ps72,17.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:10 PM, OSchrock said:

I understand the necessity for verse references to be properly formatted when running searches. But, it would be nice to have a feature like "flex" that could find references even when not properly formatted or containing "extra characters." This would be especially useful when pasting a list of verses from an external source.

For instance, when pasting the following list of verses, I have to delete all the "extra characters" (in bold).

Gen. 12:3; 18:18; (see also: Gen. 22:18; 26:4; 28:14); 1 Chr. 13:14ff; Deut. 28:12 cf. Deut 30:1; Ps.72:17; and, Mal. 3:12.

Hypothetically a "verses-flex" search would be able to eliminate the extra characters and search for just the scripture references.

Although it doesn't matter much for your question, you don't have to delete "ff": Accordance recognizes that as meaning "to the end of the chapter."

2 hours ago, jlm said:

Although it doesn't matter much for your question, you don't have to delete "ff": Accordance recognizes that as meaning "to the end of the chapter."

Cool! You're right! I hadn't known that. Thanks!