Server error with M1 Mac

benjaminjagersma

In-app registration of the Accordance app on my new M1 Mac with my account benjaminjagersma gives me an error, see attached image. I closed and reopened the app and restarted the Mac between tries, with days in between. There's no internet issue on my side. My Accordance password in my Mac Keychain does work with the website and I auto-fill in this password in the in-app registration form. I also tried to fill in the password manually in the form and again on the website.

After creating this topic I'm first going to try with a test Mac user account in the meanwhile. I skip Mac Safe Mode as that's for troubleshooting native apps only. I newly registered the Logos bible software too, also in-app, which did work. I want to have both Logos and Accordance anyway to have backup options.

Edit: I just tried to create an account in-app to see what happens. I first tried the same username and same email address, to which I perfectly got "already exists" notifications. Then when using another email address and other username I somewhat successfully registered the account in-app. It gets me a "Signed Into Account" but with a greyed out "Create New Account" button next to that. When I go back to the "Existing" tab and try to sign in with this second account it gets me the same server error again.

Possibly the same issue: https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/30351-network-error-for-accordance-for-android-on-new-chromebook/. Or I suspect Accordance more likely to have a compatibility issue with Rosetta on last year's M1 Macs, but then I don't see others mention it yet except as general question at https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/29953-accordance-compatibility-with-big-sur/.

Or maybe it's related to this: trying to register my Accordance account on the website in Firefox gave me an error several times. It got through after a few attempts. Logging in after that happens without complications every time.

Hopefully it's user-related after all and that I'm doing something wrong.

I'm new here. And my job is to solve technical issues with computers. So I figured 'll keep an eye on this forum when I can to see if I can be of help sometimes.

2021-03-16 20.27.20.png

Edited by benjaminjagersma

I'm running Accordance with no issues on an M1 Mac as are a number of other folks. It may have been a blip on the servers on our end. Have you tried again since you posted?

Also, I'm going to move this discussion to the Mac Bugs section of the forums. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

I'm running Accordance with no issues on an M1 Mac as are a number of other folks. It may have been a blip on the servers on our end. Have you tried again since you posted?

Also, I'm going to move this discussion to the Mac Bugs section of the forums. 

Thanks for the quick information : ) The blip I experience is since last Saturday night. And, as you asked, I just tried registering the app again, unsuccessfully.

In addition: deleting and redownloading the app didn't resolve it. And registering in-app (instead of signing in with an existing account) gave a strange error, see the edit in my original post if you need.

As others don't have this issue I'll first pray for it to work : p First troubleshooting step is always to go to God.

Specs: Accordance 13.1.5, M1 MacBook Air, MacOS 11.2

I overlooked the Bug Swatter's section. Nice.

After you pray, contact support at (407) 339-0266, support@accordancebible.com or chat during business hours. I'm sure they will be able to help you sort things out.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

After you pray, contact support at (407) 339-0266, support@accordancebible.com or chat during business hours. I'm sure they will be able to help you sort things out.

Resolved with Support! The password must not have symbols with the app. Feel free to adjust the title of this topic.

Edit: On 2nd thought, I created an extra account without symbols in the password yesterday but that didn't work. It's a narrow road to victory.

Edited by benjaminjagersma
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, benjaminjagersma said:

The password must not have symbols with the app.

This is not mentioned if you make an account. Please add this.