Genealogies Module not working properly

habilious02

I installed the Genealogies Module by Nancy Dawson less than a week ago. However, I can’t view the charts.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I have Acc 13.1.5 installed on MacBook Pro 

I have no problems with the module on 13.1.5 / MacOS 11.2.1

1 hour ago, habilious02 said:

I installed the Genealogies Module by Nancy Dawson less than a week ago. However, I can’t view the charts.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I have Acc 13.1.5 installed on MacBook Pro 

When you say you can't view them, what do you actually see?

Also I'm going to move this to the Mac bugs section since you say you're on a MacBook Pro. 

I see what the OP is about. On my macBook Pro with Accordance 13.1.5 and macOS 11.2.2, I may enlarge or reduce the charts, but I can't drag to the portions of the chart that is not in view. The hand "drag" icon is present, but it does not respond to the usual actions. I don't recall this behavior earlier when I worked with this module.

Summary: The drag function fails.

—Joseph

The only thing there is a box (where the chart is supposed to be) and several reference numbers 1, 2, 3 etc.).

I tried to remove the module and reinstall it, it didn't help.

What happens when you put your mouse over the box and activate the scroll wheel in one direction or another?

45 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

What happens when you put your mouse over the box and activate the scroll wheel in one direction or another?

Trackpad 2 finger and mouse scroll-wheel both magnify or reduce the image size (just like the +/- buttons). 

If the part of the text in in the chart is "out view" there is no way to drag it back into view. Once this happens, I reduce the image size, move to another page and then return to the original graphic which is now centered in its outline.

This is more of a nuisance rather than failure to actually view the graphics. My old eyes prefer enlarged graphics for easy viewing on the screen. ;)

—Joseph

I don't experience this, but it sounds like a bug.

18 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

I don't experience this, but it sounds like a bug.

I agree. The module operates as expected on my Windows 10 system. 

BTW. Can we have pinch to zoom instead of the two finger up and down to zoom? I would prefer that as this is the new standard.

Thanks

Edited by Fabian

When I put the mouse on the box and enlarge it, it responds but no image or chart is viewed. The box is resizable but it doesn't show anything inside.

Accordance customer support did not reply to my emails, which is very odd!

7 hours ago, Fabian said:

BTW. Can we have pinch to zoom instead of the two finger up and down to zoom? I would prefer that as this is the new standard.

It might be good as an option, but I wouldn't want to do do away with scrolling (which is what two fingers on a trackpad approximates). For instance, at my iMac, I primarily use a mouse; so if pinch to zoom were the only option, anyone with my setup would not be able to adjust the sizes at all. 

3 hours ago, habilious02 said:

Accordance customer support did not reply to my emails, which is very odd!

I'm sure they will today. If they do not, let me know. 

27 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:
7 hours ago, Fabian said:

It might be good as an option, but I wouldn't want to do do away with scrolling (which is what two fingers on a trackpad approximates). For instance, at my iMac, I primarily use a mouse; so if pinch to zoom were the only option, anyone with my setup would not be able to adjust the sizes at all. 

I see it. Yes a general option: Mouse or Trackpad would be great. As I earlier requested, to go back and other actions. Which in Accordance are still to click a button which is often now a gesture of the Trackpad. 

Up to this moment nobody from Customer service answered my question, I also used the Skype to chat with them, no one answered me! This is totally weird and un acceptable.

I think I might have the answer. If I have Dark Mode selected, then use any background color other than Black or a dark custom color, the only thing displayed in the genealogy windows are the superscripts. 

Thank you, Mark. It is working. I changed the background color mode, now I can view the genealogies.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with this, and for our slow response in resolving this issue. I'll definitely post this as a bug report.

• Like 1