Dark theme in windows 10 ?

Heimom

I finally upgraded from 12 to 13, for the dark theme but seems it still doesn't apply in windows or do i misunderstand

• Like 1

You're right. The Windows version doesn't have Dark Mode. The developers were supposedly still working on it, but it hasn't been mentioned in a long time.

• Like 1

It is still a forthcoming implementation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am curious if there is target date to have the dark mode theme available on Windows 10.

I am an IT consultant and know that the Windows platform dominates as the standard for home and business. It is surprising to find that the developers put more focus on the Apple vs Windows platform. I am glad they have dark mode for the Android, not sure for the iOS.

Regards,

Terry

It is surprising to find that the developers put more focus on the Apple vs Windows platform.

It's not that we spend less time on Windows, it's just that we usually have to spend more time there to accomplish the same amount.  Accordance was a Mac-only application for more than a decade before it was released for Windows, after all.

Dark mode will come eventually, but for various reasons that I won't discuss, it is just much more work on Windows than it was on Mac.

It would have been nice if Accordance had been transparent about this disparity up front when releasing Accordance 13. I upgraded to 13 because there was a sale and we were told that Dark Mode was "coming soon" to Windows. I assumed that I would have Dark Mode in a few months, not a few years. Next time just announce the new feature for Mac and don't advertise it as "coming soon" if you have no idea how long it's going to take you to develop it for Windows. I would have just stayed with Accordance 12 if I had known it was going to take this long. I upgraded for dark mode and we're still waiting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I would like to add my vote for dark mode in Windows 10. I do understand that there are many requests and you have to prioritize :)

John

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I bought 13 because I read dark mode was available in 13. When I found that it is not, I installed Logos and the Dark mode there is great. I prefer Accordance but will be using Logos till or if Accordance ever gets dark mode on windows version of 13. If however I have had to buy several add-ons I may end up having to stay with Logos. Thanks, Accordance is wonderful software.

I would also like Dark Mode for Accordance 14! (Or if you are going to do that in 13).