Upgrade price option to add Strong's to MHNT?

Daniel L

I already owned MHNT (Modern Hebrew NT) when Strong's tagging for it was introduced almost two years ago, and I happily took advantage of the $5 upgrade option to add it. My issue is that I would like to recommend friends to buy the MHNT module ($29.90), since it includes the old Delitzsch translation. But if they want to add Strong's, do they have to pay an extra $34.90 for MHNTS? Can't there be a cheaper upgrade option like I received? Alternatively, you could include Delitzsch with the MHNTS module, too. Or you could package each of the two translations as separate modules.

Edited by Daniel L
add tags

Anyone who already owns MHNT can upgrade to the Strong's for $5. As long as they own MHNT and are logged into their account on the website, the MHNT with Strong's page will display the $5 upgrade pricing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Is this still true on the new web site?

I cannot get this to work for MHNT nor for ARAB 1.6 modules. The links from the product updates dialog box links only to the new products. The shopping cart shows no $5.00 option.

Also, the option to add user notes to the standard ESV Bible is not available. The link on the ESV Bible web site product page jumps to the IOS software page and no search results for this ESV option can be found.

These three updates are in my product update dialog box and the links don't work.

This is very important because I have just now isolated a reproducible program crash of Accordance on Mac Big Sur to the product updates dialog box which hangs and locks up the system requiring a forced quit.

This began when the new web site was launched but I have only now traced the root cause. If the update dialog box is hanging on dead links this could explain the seemingly random crashes that only some are experiencing.

I am in process of preparing a detailed explanation of the crash report and it would be very helpful to know if anyone else can get these three product update links to work for then this may be isolated to my installation.

Also, if anyone else is experiencing random crashes and have any dead links in their product update dialog box I would appreciate the feedback. 

Thanks.

The same is happening to me. The new web site is not working. 

If I'm correct the new website don't have a second "Buy" button. On the new website it is the same button as if you pay for full, but the price should be $5.00.

The price rings up in full without a $5.00 at checkout even though I do own both in my library. 

My main concern is that Accordance is crashing sporadically on the Install/update dialog box. I have Mac crash report data and I am testing various scenarios before submitting a lengthy post of my observations. One theory is that the links are no longer valid and the update is hanging as the crash report indicates.

Thanks. 

Ok. New try. I have learned, that the item which are eligible for a discount have to be the first item you choose for the shopping cart. In my opinion definitely a bug. And I agree with you, the new website is not as good as the old one. 

The upgrade price does not show up even when it is the only item in the basket.

I am not critical of the new web site. My concern is if previous product offerings which have been withdrawn are still in my paid update list in the dialog box then the dead links may be causing the program to crash.

I got the upgrade price on the MHNT Strong’s supplement a few months ago by writing to orders@accordancebible.com. They can create an order in your account, and then you log in to pay for it. This is what I do when I can’t figure out how to get the new website to give me an advertised upgrade price.

• Like 1