Trench needs an extra Index entry

ArnoldsBibleResource

Trench, synonyms of NT (under Greek Tools) needs an index entry for  the  Preface section of several pages.

Hi Arnold,

To clarify, are you requesting a change in the way that Trench's index is done? or is there a problem with the way that the Android app is displaying the index as opposed to the way that the desktop app is displaying it?

Hi Matt,

It is the entry in the Tool itself.

The first index entry is ekkle-sia. (I think it also defaults to that on first opening).

It needs a (Title page) Preface entry prior.

I checked. On the desktop it is less of a problem as one can navigate with the scroll bar.

On the app it is quite a drag and feels like forever to swipe to the top.

Thx,

Arnold

In the app there are navigation buttons at the bottom of the pane - up and down arrow, forward and back arrow. The up arrow will take you from ἐκκλησία to the top of the preface in a single tap. If the buttons are not visible just tap once in the text to bring them up

That said I think the module will benefit from a Preface entry entry in the TOC.

Thx

D

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν
  • Thanks 1

Interesting.

I tried the arrows navigation, and then at a point Trench goes into a loop, displaying the first few topics (heading pages) by itself.

It seems to repeatedly alternate between Preface; i; ii; iii; iv,  in a particular rhythmic pattern, but not in sequence.

It's not difficult to get this. A few up's and down's and left's and right's, and there it goes.

I was able to replicate a few times.

Edited by ArnoldsBibleResource

1 hour ago, ArnoldsBibleResource said:

Interesting.

I tried the arrows navigation, and then at a point Trench goes into a loop, displaying the first few topics (heading pages) by itself.

It seems to repeatedly alternate between Preface; i; ii; iii; iv,  in a particular rhythmic pattern, but not in sequence.

It's not difficult to get this. A few up's and down's and left's and right's, and there it goes.

I was able to replicate a few times.

I have seen this too. Hopefully Matt will be able to figure out what's going on.

Thx

D

• Thanks 1

Upon reflection - these probably not of any priority, at all, for now:

On 3/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, ArnoldsBibleResource said:

an index entry for  the  Preface section

On 3/9/2021 at 2:45 AM, ArnoldsBibleResource said:

Trench goes into a loop

Thx