Windows Accordance interface suggestions

mgvh

Accordance interface suggestions (Windows)

·         Tabs

o   I like to keep about 7 tabs open in my main pane. Far too often I’ve accidentally closed a tab by clicking on the X when I’ve intended to click on the tab to view it. Either:

o   Have a popup: Do you really want to close this tab? OR

o   Allow for the immediate recovery of a tab. (For now, the only way I know is to close the session and reopen an autosaved session from just before I closed the tab.)

o   It would be nice to right-click on a tab header to get the options that are available when I have to click on that tiny dropdown arrow.

o   It would be nice to be able to temporarily detach a tab in order to enlarge it. For now, I can detach the tab, but I cannot reattach it to where it was. I can only close it. I realize that I can magnify the Zone, and that’s my workaround for now, but it’s not entirely satisfactory.

·         Instant details:

o   When I click on the Instant Details icon to activate it, it changes color. Good! The same thing should happen when I click on the Info Pane (i) icon.

o   I frequently want to copy some of the information from the Instant Details pane. For now, the only options are:

§  To remember to hold the Shift key as I move to the Instant Details pane, and then, while still holding Shift, click on the copy icon to copy the whole thing.

§  Click-hold on the word also opens the Instant Details as a popup, and I can use the copy icon there.

o   A bigger problem is when there is a longer text displayed in the Instant Details window that is bigger than the box. There is no way (I know of) to read the text unless I resize the Instant Details window or make the text size smaller.

It would be helpful is to use the Shift key to freeze the Instant Details, and once the mouse is in the Instant Details box, it doesn’t change when I release Shift. I can then copy/read what I want and scroll through longer text.

• Like 3

Chrome and Firefox browsers have extensions to "Undo closed tab." I have an extension that allows me to go back about 10 tabs in the past, showing the titles and URLs. You can right-click on the tab bar or click on a special icon to use it. Accordance should have this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mgvh said:

A bigger problem is when there is a longer text displayed in the Instant Details window that is bigger than the box. There is no way (I know of) to read the text unless I resize the Instant Details window or make the text size smaller.

On Mac I do shift click and hold and a window pops up with a scroll bar and you can scroll . I'll have to check if that works on Windows

I like the undo ideas.

Tbx

D

Yes the shift click hold will pop up a scrollable window for ID on Windows

Thx

D

1 hour ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

Yes the shift click hold will pop up a scrollable window for ID on Windows

Thx

D

Hmm... I restarted Accordance, and now the CTRL-hold does pop up a scrollable window. Good! But I still can't copy any portion of it. (Can only copy the whole entry w/ the copy icon.)

1 minute ago, mgvh said:

Can only copy the whole entry w/ the copy icon.

Yep, it would nice to fix that

Thx

D

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 10:17 AM, mgvh said:

o   It would be nice to be able to temporarily detach a tab in order to enlarge it. For now, I can detach the tab, but I cannot reattach it to where it was. I can only close it. I realize that I can magnify the Zone, and that’s my workaround for now, but it’s not entirely satisfactory.

I had that issue too, but you actually can drag the tab back to the main window and place it where you want to. You do have to be on the tab itself though when you click and hold to drag it.

• Like 1