Table of Contents

docdave

I am a new user trying to figure out how to get to the table of contents (TOC) for Complete Works of Josephus. I realize that the TOC has probably been removed when converted to an e-text, and I guess I am really looking for a pane with hyperlinks to the different sections that would be listed in a TOC if there were one. I found the following online:

"Every Accordance tool has a browser which can be opened by clicking the disclosure triangle labeled Browser. The browser lists every article and subarticle in the tool, and you can drill down as far as you like." Who Needs a Table of Contents? - Accordance (accordancebible.com)

I am not sure what the disclosure triangle is though. I have tried opening the text browser, but this doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!

Dave

Accordance generally has two overarching categories of content: Texts and Tools. Texts are ancient documents that are divided up into chapter and verse, regardless of whether in the original language or a translation. Tools are essentially everything else--dictionaries, commentaries, monographs, journals, etc. Tools have the kind of Table of Contents you're thinking of. 

For the equivalent of a Table of Contents in a Text, such as Josephus, tap on the down arrow in the Goto box that I've highlighted at the bottom of the screenshot. You can jump between any book as well as specify chapter and verse. Alternatively, you can go to the Display menu and select Display All Book Names. This will give the the listing on the right of the attached image, along with hyperlinks between books.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.43.42 PM (3).png

• Like 1

Awesome! Thank you very much!