Text Browser not available, not working

James Fetzner

I just got a new laptop and downloaded accordance with my Hebrew starter pack.  I've signed in and all features seem to be working except Text Browser.  It is not listed as an option in the "Look Up" menu.  It is listed in the "Amplify" menu but it is greyed out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi James,

When you click on the "+" sign to open a new tab, you get a range of options. Scroll down to the bottom. The Web browser should be the last one. You can also add a button for it by personalizing the menu. Right-click at the top, where it says "Workspace" and that will give you a variety of buttons that can be added.

I hope that helps.

Have fun!

Hi @James Fetzner ,

When you say that the Text Browser option is "greyed out" under the Amplify menu, I'm assuming you've already got a Bible text open (English or Hebrew) in your workspace, and you've clicked inside of that Bible text somewhere (either to select a word, phrase, etc)? If so, what happens when you press COMMAND + 6 (if you're on a Mac)?

Also, have you tried going to your Preferences (Accordance menu top left > Preferences on a Mac), then Web & Text Browser, and do you have [All Texts] selected next to "Default Text Group"?

Lastly, you can try running Accordance in Safe Mode. Open Accordance while holding down the option key on the Mac (or press the alt key immediately after launching Accordance if you're on Windows), and check the following box: Remove startup session. Then Launch Accordance, check the setting I suggested above, and see if you can access the Text Browser. Alternatively, you can try running Safe Mode again, only this time check the box: Rebuild 'Text' settings , Launch Accordance, and see if that helps.

Edited by btovar071

Thanks very much.  Unfortunately, none of those options fixed it.   I'm going to try uninstalling accordance and reinstalling it to see what happens.

The Text Browser isn't available in Accordance Lite, so maybe Accordance thinks your account hasn't purchased the full version of accordance for some reason.

I figured it out.  When I was setting up my new computer I downloaded Accordance 13, which it let me do, but the Text Browser feature wasn't enabled.  I had purchased Accordance 12 on my last computer.  When I uninstalled 13 and installed 12, everything works and the Text Browser feature is available.  Thanks to everyone for your responses.

• Like 2