Training videos need option of 2x speed--get rid of Vimeo

marachambersreed

Please use a platform for the training videos that allow for the speed to be adjusted. I hate wasting my time listening to a training video at normal speed—I would much rather speed it up to 1.5-2x faster.  Then occasionally, I want to slow the video down to get the details. I don't know if Vimeo has that functionality possible, but if it doesn't, please go to YouTube or find some other way to allow for speed variation if the training has to be on a video instead of written. 

• Like 3

We mirror all of our videos on both Vimeo and YouTube. I don't know that either allows you to adjust speed. Someone can chime in here if there's a way. If you go to our Vimeo channel, however, you can download any of our videos and play them at whatever speed your player allows.

• Like 1

YouTube will allow you to set the playback speed by clicking on the gear. However, I think there may be some platforms on which the gear does not appear. It does on desktop and iOS.

We prefer embedding from Vimeo over YouTube because of autoplay issues. I'll look to see if there is a solution from Vimeo beyond my cursory glance. If there's not, I'll suggest it to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

We prefer embedding from Vimeo over YouTube because of autoplay issues. I'll look to see if there is a solution from Vimeo beyond my cursory glance. If there's not, I'll suggest it to them.

Vimeo supports it for your users but you must have a fairly costly account as I recall.  YouTube allows all users to change speed, even free content.  I hate to say it, but I rarely watch content on Vimeo for this very reason.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:00 PM, Rich said:

Vimeo supports it for your users but you must have a fairly costly account as I recall.  YouTube allows all users to change speed, even free content.  I hate to say it, but I rarely watch content on Vimeo for this very reason.

Me, too.

Good news! Vimeo does have a setting for speed control. The bad news is that it's not currently turned on for any video other than the one below because I just now turned it on. 

However, this is the kind of easy fix I can do some night in the upcoming week while watching TV or something. I'll just open up the last hundred or so videos and add speed control to them. I've already fixed the default, so speed control will be in all videos going forward.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Rick, I appreciate your work on this issue!

—Joseph

Thanks, Rick!