German Basisbibel is complete - please add!

StefanKuerle

I just contacted the German Bible Society asking whether the complete German BasisBibel would be available for accordance. They asked me to enquire with you. Would you please offer this module for your German speaking users? This translation is quite something here in Germany - it is well crafted and will be the future edition for readers who want to read big chunks and get a good overview. I myself am a biblical scholar and already celebrating the translator`s notes of the NT which make the translator's decisions transparent, even for people not knowing the original languages. Accordance with it's parallel version abilities adds another valuable aspect to it as it becomes transparent how the translators handled the hebrew/aramaic/greek grammar compared to the traditional German versions (and also the NGÜ) - which quite often is eye-opening for my students to see the possiblities of the original languages.

So please do let us have that edition as soon as possible!

• Like 6

Yes, please

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been using Accordance for about 10 years nearly daily and I'm loving the BasisBibel especially the new translation of the OT. Now I've been checking accordance.com every other month since the release earlier this year, but there is still no complete module. I would very much appreciate you adding it, as soon as you can. Can you tell us, whether you are planning to add it and are working on it? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I would like to add my request to make the Basis Bibel in German, Old and New Testament available for Accordance, please!

• Like 2

I'm working on Luther.heute as we speak. As soon as I'm done I'll be working on the complete Basis Bibel.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I would appreciate to use the complete Basis Bibel in Accordance soon! Please add the module!

• Like 3

On 4/9/2022 at 1:00 PM, Thomas Fresia said:

I would appreciate to use the complete Basis Bibel in Accordance soon! Please add the module!

We're contacting the GBS about this. Hope to have this available very soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2022 at 2:45 PM, Mark Allison said:

I'm working on Luther.heute as we speak. As soon as I'm done I'll be working on the complete Basis Bibel.

Luther.heute isn't finished yet?

Maybe drop that – it is of nearly no interest to serious theologians – and go to Basisbibel right away. It is really important! 
Many many are waiting for you to publish that finally...

Got it on my list. If you have an ISBN number for it, I'll take it.

• 8 months later...

I'd like to add my name to this request. BasisBibel is a really important ressource for all pastoral work but especielly for the work with children and young people. So please add it's Old Testament-translation to Accordance. ISBN (of one edition) is 978-3-438-00910-4. It was published by the German Bible Society.

I'll look into this when I start Bible development coming up. Thanks!