Free books & new newsletter!

Katie Cornett

Hi everyone. I joined the Accordance team from Wordsearch Bible a few months ago, so you might start seeing more posts from me! I'm looking forward to getting to know this community! 😊

I wanted to let you know (if you didn't already) that we've started a new monthly newsletter called Light the Lamp. Each month we explore different aspects of Accordance to help you take full advantage of the software. With so many features and resources available, there is always something new to learn.

Please let us know here on the forums if you’d like a certain topic featured in an upcoming issue. There is also a free book each month!

To sign up you can go to this link. To see the previous editions, we have an archive you can find here. 

- Katie

Edited by kcornett
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Welcome. 

One topic I am always trying to delve deeper into is going farther in the analytics of the original language. I can do the graph searches and the hits bar but I am always wondering if there isn't more. 

Being able to have the original words broken down to smaller and more detailed Etymology and learning what the compounds are and how they fit would be amazing. 

I can do some but I feel that I am driving a car with a V12 and I am only drawing a V6 woth of power. 

Looking forward to this newsletter. 

35 minutes ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

One topic I am always trying to delve deeper into is going farther in the analytics of the original language. I can do the graph searches and the hits bar but I am always wondering if there isn't more. 

pastor jonathan, while you are waiting youmay want to explore the webinars under support. There are a couple on analytics, here is a link to one

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/2b99bda9c3ed4b7382a55737a7d54b46/recording/e92275613bf944c68b2f4b46b0b83478/watch?source=CHANNEL

but there are loads to explore. But like you, im looking forward to the newsletter as accordance is very feature rich and its always worth seeing how others are using it and welcome katie!

Edited by ukfraser
  • Thanks 1

Hello Katie

Dr. J. started this tread 

You may find some ideas there, not all are fullfilled. 

Fabian

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kcornett said:

Please let us know here on the forums if you’d like a certain topic featured in an upcoming issue.

I'm looking for in depth examples how ties and link work.

Say I have KJV, and some other resources on my main tab.
On another tab I want to show 4 crossrefs
On another tab I want to show 4 different Bibles

On another tab I want to show 3 commentaries

I want to link/tie all those resources so that they update/scroll/react to what I'm doing with the KJV on the main tab.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:35 PM, ukfraser said:

pastor jonathan, while you are waiting youmay want to explore the webinars under support. There are a couple on analytics, here is a link to one

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/2b99bda9c3ed4b7382a55737a7d54b46/recording/e92275613bf944c68b2f4b46b0b83478/watch?source=CHANNEL

but there are loads to explore. But like you, im looking forward to the newsletter as accordance is very feature rich and its always worth seeing how others are using it and welcome katie!

Thanks. 

I too am looking forward to what is going to be discussed. 

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Mike Thorburn said:

Is the lamp no longer lit?

Im still getting the monthly email and there is still frequently a freebie on it. Im also getting a weekly one (twice) so for me there is still a light (and its not a train!)

see also

Edited by ukfraser

We're still doing the monthly newsletters. We're also looking at reviving video podcasts or some form of more regular training videos. In the meantime, give us feedback on what you'd like to see!

Nathan, some feedback.

I liked the way dr j did lighting the lamp, mixing it between new features, new resources and exploring a topic. I spent a year looking at how to use accordance before i finally invested in it and was up and running on day one. 

i like webinars and e-acadamy because watching people use accordance in anger, you see little tricks that others use that help your own workflow. but have given up to a certain extent on webinars as quite often they get side tracked and cover the same basic stuff which is off topic.

i dont like the current help as its limited info on a web page and then you have to click on the next page to see the next step. I much preferred the old training pdf where all the info was in a readable format, a bit like a book if you can remember those objects from the dim and distant past. 

so from my perspective:

yes to tips and tricks

yes to new features 

and yes to in-depth look at new resources

and no to covering basic stuff that has been covered lots of times before and is already available elsewhere. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 4

Good feedback! When we revive training videos, I'll keep all of this in mind. I could also look into a PDF manual. I've done one for my weather job, so I could potentially do one for Accordance. I'll see if I can get my hands on the old PDF and see if it would just need revisions or if a new PDF would be needed.