Book, Chapter, Verse selection

Erhard

Could we get a Book, Chapter, Verse selector similar to what Bible Works has or even e-sword. Only having a book selector makes for a lot of scrolling or clicking on the chapter up or down button. It is also more convenient that typing in references. The Logos one is not that nice because choosing a chapter opens an accordion which then has to be closed. I am attaching some images of both Bible Works and e-sword ways of doing this. The Bible Works is nicer because it opens up in  a rectangle so that you do not need to scroll for books, chapters or verses.

BW book selector.png

BW Chpter selector.png

BW verse selctor.png

e sword chapter.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just another note on this one.

Olive Tree Bible also has a nice system. It is similar to Bibleworks, but requires less clicks. Just choose the Book, then it moves to the chapters pop up. Click the chapter and the verse pop up comes up,

OT Book.png

OT chapter.png

OT verse.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Accordance really needs this.   There are several things I really miss from some of the other Bible softwares.   They are this:

No pull down Book and chapter menu

No quick way to copy verse (like right click and copy, you have to select it)

No nice w/p editor included for making notes inside Accordance.  There are not many formatting options

That all said I consider Accordance the best of all that I have used and use it everyday.   It's just some of the cheaper and even free Bible softwares have those features.

• Like 4

This is the same feature I requested about 3 years ago when I switched over to Accordance Bible.

I have personally tested both ways, using WordSearch Bible (now part of Logos), Olive Tree, and Accordance. The Olive Tree / WordSearch method is quicker. You can keep you hand on the mouse and select Reference, Book, Chapter, Verse and you're there.

Having said that, I do love Accordance Bible above all the others.

• Like 2

+1

I've also mentioned this in the past. I would love to see it implemented. It's already the case in the iPad version, a good step in that direction!

• Like 2

Just adding my voice to this... it simply makes sense to take full advantage of trackpad functionality.  One finger selection is just quicker and noticeably more smooth.   Please add a better chapter / verse picker. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Just adding my voice to this... it simply makes sense to take full advantage of trackpad functionality.  One finger selection is just quicker and noticeably more smooth.   Please add a better chapter / verse picker. 

Excellent suggestion.

• Like 1

+++

I am adding the pluses from, “Bible Navigation for People in Recliners” at https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/23313-bible-navigation-for-people-in-recliners/

Michel

• Like 1