Jump to content

Can't save editd user tool


Recommended Posts

Hi, 

Today created a new user tool, imported PDF document into the user tool. After importing wanted to remove a few extra lines which were added by Accordance during PDF importing (why?!), but after removing the first line Accordance insists that it should have it, so I wrote a user tool's title, but Accordance doesn't accept it, complains that it should be text, not the Bible reference. But there is no Bible reference! Can't save edited text. I can send you original PDF text file to replicate this bug.

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 17.49.11.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

But when I change font from Rosetta to Helvetica Neue it jams Unicode letters. See attached screenshot. 

E89659B7-E545-4667-BC92-7B81923C525A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks I see it. It looks you have the same problem like we with the German Umlaut. 

To be honest. For me it is a totally failure that the codes for computer are done from people with English languages. Not because they are dumb or so, only because the English alphabet don't have other letters than the Latin (Roman). So they didn't thought about languages like yours and mine.  And we have problems until Jesus is coming again.

 

Thats why I always say I don't import PDF into Accordance. For me a much better HTML support with fully HTML5 and Base64 is what I want since years. Unfortunately Accordance decided to bring a PDF import instead to improve the HTML import. 

 

What I do: 

Open the PDF in Word (the newer Word can it) or copy paste it to Word. Then you have to do Search and Replace with active case sensitiv. Otherwise you get a mess.

Change then aœ to ā, the ^ä to ī etc. For German I have this to do for äöüÄÖÜß. For example often the Flufi I have to change to Fluß. Then export as HTML filtered and import it in Accordance. 

The advantages: I have then also the docx file which I can use elsewhere.

 

I have recently wrote to the Word editor companies I use to have a button where such things get correct by pushing a button. Or writing a Makro. 

 

What you can do: 

Open the search in the User Tool. Check "Case Sensitiv" and replace the aœ to ā, the ^ä to ī etc.

 

Or you do a title with standard Latin letters on top. 

 

Fabian

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! By the way — first I tried to copy/paste text directly from Word, and immediately got this problem. Then opened Word document in Pages and exported as PDF. I also tried HTML, but something didn't work there as well. Got completely stuck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only to change the form doesn't help. For example some ü in German are in PDFs ü. Looks the same, but is u and ¨ so two characters. Now in all is it u¨ until I change it. You have to do the same.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To Silas

We talked about PDF import. What we discussed here in this tread is also a common problem. If you look at the PDF all looks fine. So the PDF viewer recognizes the language code in the PDF, but not Accordance by the import. In such cases the PDF import has to change the standard Latin characters into the one actually should be.

 

Thanks

 

Fabian

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...