Glitchy window panes - Windows

TYA

Hi, I'm using 13.1.4.0 until 13.1.6 comes out (hopefully to fix some other bugs I reported).  Today, when trying to search a word by "Lexeme" or "Inflected," I kept getting an error that there wasn't enough size to open another window pane (not true), and then when it did open, the menu was glitchy.  Please see attached.

problem 1.jpg

problem 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

My suspicion at this point is that all these graphical bugs you have are related to using so many workspaces at once.  Would you be able to verify by trying to have less than 8 open at any given time?  I understand this might cramp your style somewhat, but it will help me narrow down what is causing the problems.

Gladly.  Anything I can do to help.  That glitch was a unique one, and I don't remember now how many windows I had open.  But if it happens again I will let you know.  Thanks for all you do!

Actually, since we're talking about number of Accordance windows open, here is that other kind of glitch--the gray screen--which I mention just because I only have 4 (opening into 5) windows open right now.  Just thought I'd share.

Captured 498.jpg

• Thanks 1

That may put my idea out the window.  My suspicion was that Direct2D memory is getting used up, but I wouldn't expect that to happen with only five windows.  Though it might depend how many other apps you have open that are using Direct2D.

I don't know what Direct2D is, but please my computer build in my profile.  This thing shouldn't be lacking anything.

Can you open the "System Information" app, then go to File -> Save and email me the output file?  You can find the system information app by searching the start menu, which works very well on win 10.

Yes, gladly.  Sending you the email right now to Accordance email.  Thanks, Silas.

Edited by TYA
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Update: still getting glitchy window panes in 13.1.6 (see attached image).  And Silas, to your question above, this time the glitchy window pane was on the third Accordance window opened (i.e. I don't have much open at all right now).

Thanks.

Captured 622.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update: this is still annoyingly taking place in version 13.1.7

It's *relatively* rare, but when it does happen, it can be very annoying.  Just closing the program and reopening often doesn't fix it either.

• Thanks 1