Searching Andersen-Forbes database for phrases

Stefan Hatz

Hello there!

I want to search the Andersen-Forbes syntax database for a certain kind of phrase (see screenshot). But if I do search for any kind of phrase it always says: “There are no verses in the current range of the ‘Hebrew Bible (Andersen-Forbes)’ text, which fit the current search entry.”

Any idea what's my mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Stefan

syntaxsearch.jpg

I may be wrong, but it looks like you don't have the construct linked to the search text. 

In the search bar for the text, use Right Click -> Enter Command -> Link, then select the Hebrew Construct.

Let me know if that's not the issue.

I cannot repro. this on Mac. The search works for me. And I don't have a linked tab Accordance just opens a new one for me and does the search.

I'm a bit baffled as what to try next. But I am puzzled by the pane headings you have MT-AFD and MT-AFD.syntax. I can check my Windows install later and see if that's just a porting thing.
But it makes wonder about versions - what version of Acc and of the modules are you using ?

Thx

D

Thanks for your hints ...

... well, I linked the constructed search to the text ... Everything with the search works fine except when phrases are involded.

So I guess it might have to do something with Windows? Therefore a specification: working with Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, version 20H2; Accordance 13.1.5; Anderson-Forbes 1.0.

Thx a lot!
Stefan

This repros on Windows on the latest beta. I don't know what is wrong but it breaks exactly as you describe.

As an aside, the pane names I think must have changed from 13.1.5 to 13.1.6 because they are not MT-AFD and MT-AFD.syntax. 

Thx

D

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν

I've finally had a chance to check this on my Windows machine, and there is definitely some Windows specific bug occurring here.  I will fix it ASAP.

• Like 1

Thank you for your efforts.

Stefan