Issues with Live-Click

Ben Gladd

Hi! I keep running into issues with the live-click search function using Greek words. Accordance often can't find words using the range feature. 

See the pic for example. 

Thanks! 1260640879_LiveClick.thumb.jpeg.9d92e97c10ad4d494b8e9915b595a0fd.jpeg

Hmm, it's working for me:

Screen%20Shot%202021-02-19%20at%208.44.2

Try rebuilding your Research Cache:

Screen%20Shot%202021-02-19%20at%208.46.3

• Like 1

Ben, are you confident that user group you are searching contains a text that would have a result?

You can try clicking the live click gear icon and turning off the "Use custom group of texts" checkbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

Ben, are you confident that user group you are searching contains a text that would have a result?

You can try clicking the live click gear icon and turning off the "Use custom group of texts" checkbox.

Yes, Silas. I've tried various texts, and there's no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 

I've used live-click since the beginning. I've written an entire book using this feature (!), and I've only run into issues the last few months. 

Are all your modules up-to-date? Accordance menu—>Check for Content Updates.

Edited by Mark Allison

Sorry Ben, didn't mean to sound condescending.  Can you tell me which texts are in your NA28 group so I can attempt to reproduce your exact results?

6 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Hmm, it's working for me:

Screen%20Shot%202021-02-19%20at%208.44.2

Try rebuilding your Research Cache:

Screen%20Shot%202021-02-19%20at%208.46.3

I rebuilt the cache and it still doesn't work. Good tip, though! 

1 hour ago, Silas Marrs said:

Sorry Ben, didn't mean to sound condescending.  Can you tell me which texts are in your NA28 group so I can attempt to reproduce your exact results?

No condescension detected! No worries. 

I'm still running into problems. See my new video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwajudodobpm6fq/Screen Recording 2021-02-19 at 1.56.24 PM.mov?dl=0

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

Are all your modules up-to-date? Accordance menu—>Check for Content Updates.

Yes! 

Accordance doesn't find it. That doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Question do you have a group which doesn't have all the greek texts? So if there is no other text with this word, then...

But at least the NA28 must showed up, as this is your search text and it is in the group. Or not?

In your video there is a group active. English ...(the second word is to blurred). 

Edited by Fabian

O.K. after playing around I have this bug experienced reproducible too. 

On τῶν, ὦ and on ἡ in James 2,20.

It seems there is a filter for this random words, which are so often that Accordance would run to long to display them all. But ὅτι was on the first time with the message and the other times it ran well. Strange.

Edited by Fabian

The message "There are no words to use in the selected text" doesn't seem like the right error, so that may be a bug.  I'll look into it.

8 minutes ago, Silas Marrs said:

The message "There are no words to use in the selected text" doesn't seem like the right error, so that may be a bug.  I'll look into it.

Thanks so much, Silas!