Drill-down and export from search results

Mark Scott

I am doing several word studies in Hebrew for a writing project. I can build a search and/or do a construct to get Hebrew occurrences and run analytics, but exporting several hundred results into a file that I can analyze further is difficult. I desire to export the lexeme, verse reference, Hebrew text, and English text into a spreadsheet (and eventually into database from the spreadsheet file). The Accordance analytics shows grouped data per book, word count, or frequency, but I have not found a view to drill-down and see individual results in each book. If I set Concordance display in analytics to show 'all verses in range,' I get a list of all verse references for each search. I copy/pasted that list into a text file and manipulated with Regular Expressions to get a tab-delimited file that I then put into a spreadsheet, but it will be a meticulous task to manually retrieve 200 Hebrew and 200 English texts to paste into the spreadsheet. Get Verses allows me to copy all the verse text into a document but not easily into the spreadsheet that holds all the references.

Is there any more efficient solution?

Edited by Mark Scott
Clarification

I suggest you try Look Up: Parsing after you select the text. First select a few verses and go to Set Parsing Display to limit the displayed contents to your hit words and the breakdown you wish. You can make the settings the default for parsing this Hebrew text. Leave the tab open and select all your results and repeat the Parsing. The text here should be tab delimited and export well for you. Note however, that you will only have an English gloss, not the translation from any specific text. I don't think there is a way to include that.

• 2 years later...

I have a similar question. When I click on "Export Graph Hit Data," I get a text file with the verse plus the word number of the words in my search. I would like a text file without the word counts, otherwise, I have to perform similar steps as @Mark Scott does, above.

This is the search.

Screenshot2023-12-01at9_58_59AM.thumb.png.509f4997ae1805ee7cae836cb50855c9.png

And these are the results. I just want the first two "columns", the book and the verse.

Screenshot2023-12-01at10_00_54AM.png.de3a904df62d8386f5be61fdbcf633fa.png

You would want to select the results in the MT pane (comm+A), then right-click and select copy as => references.