The new forums: last 10 posts

danielamari

The new forum is great. It contains needed improvements and features. There is one feature I miss right away: the last 10 posts. When I come to check for posts, I do not have to visit every sub-forum, but only get the last 10 messages. What would help is I can narrow them done by unsubscribing to forums that are not relevant to me.

If this feature is still there, how do I enable it again. If it is gone, is there a way to bring something similar to it? The idea of checking multiple forums individually is tedious to be honest.

Thanks for checking it out, Daniel!  I'm very excited too about the new forums.

We've been debating whether or not to bring this back or not.  Its a custom plugin, but with the new forums, you can also easily customize Activity Streams to do the same thing.  I find the All Activity link at the top is really handy, or even customizing a stream of just recent topics, then setting that as the default.  For now I want to let the new forums sit for a bit and see how it works out, but we may just add back the Recent Topics anyway.

"There is one feature I miss right away: the last 10 posts. When I come to check for posts, I do not have to visit every sub-forum, but only get the last 10 messages."

I agree. +1

I usually want the latest un-read posts and Activity-> My Activity Streams has an option for that. That will give you them order most recent first I believe. Need to see how to make that the default for my setup

Thx

D

Looks like I found an easy way to add it - "Recent Topics" should now be visible at the top level, like it was before.

• Like 5

Actually it seems to show posts not the last N topics with new posts. So one topic can fill up the top slots

EDIT : maybe not - refresh seemed to clear it - basically seems like before

Thx

D

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν

That's not what I'm seeing.  Can you post a screenshot of what you are still seeing?  It might be a minor caching delay.

No worries - it was just a missing refresh. I edited my post above

Thx

D