Accordance won't launch on new Mac

hoffman

Used Migration Assistant to move my Apps from an older Mac to a new Mac with M1 chip. When I tried to open Accordance it bounced twice in the Dock and quit. I downloaded a fresh 13.1.5 dmg and installed the app over the old one, with the same result. Emptied all the caches to no avail. Any suggestions?

I don't see a way to add to the original post, so here goes: I deleted the Accordance folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ because the permissions were messed up. Now Accordance launches, but it won't log into my account: "Error processing update information.  There may be a problem with the servers.  Please try again later." and "Unable to access online database". My firewall isn't blocking it, so I'm stuck.

Hello

Have you tried to go to sign in in the Accordance website? You have to reset your password. The new password is then also to take for the Accordance application. 

(To reset your password, if the email don't work, just take your account name)

Fabian

I have not idea what is happening, but I know I am running Acc on an M1 Mac with no problems at all. Press on and know it isn't an M1 issue.

I had to do that when I first tried to log in to post here. I re-installed the System from the Recovery partition, but it still stops at the Accordance Validation window, with the same error. Welp that's it for today, thankfully for now I still have the study helps I need on paper. Will try again on Monday.

Have you tried to go to sign in in the Accordance website? You have to reset your password. The new password is then also to take for the Accordance application. 

Edited by hoffman

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this trouble.  I have changed my password 4 times.  It allows me to sign in and press continue after green checking my sigh in information.  Then it looks like its going to work, but doesn't.  I've been getting this same error message since February 9. Surely the servers aren't messed up for that long? I have Uninstalled and reinstalled,  I've checked my security settings, cleared all the junk-cashe, cookies, etc. I restarted my computer,  and still this message.  I have a paper due on Friday that REQUIRES me to use this.  Is there any other solution.? P.S. When this occurred with the lite version way too many times, I bought the full version. It is still happening. :(

48 minutes ago, Lindalaine said:

I too am having this trouble.  I have changed my password 4 times.  It allows me to sign in and press continue after green checking my sigh in information.  Then it looks like its going to work, but doesn't.  I've been getting this same error message since February 9. Surely the servers aren't messed up for that long? I have Uninstalled and reinstalled,  I've checked my security settings, cleared all the junk-cashe, cookies, etc. I restarted my computer,  and still this message.  I have a paper due on Friday that REQUIRES me to use this.  Is there any other solution.? P.S. When this occurred with the lite version way too many times, I bought the full version. It is still happening. :(

Please call the sales number when the office opens in the morning after 9:00 AM EST.  It is very likely they will be able help get you in quickly 407-339-5855.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, hoffman said:

I don't see a way to add to the original post, so here goes: I deleted the Accordance folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ because the permissions were messed up. Now Accordance launches, but it won't log into my account: "Error processing update information.  There may be a problem with the servers.  Please try again later." and "Unable to access online database". My firewall isn't blocking it, so I'm stuck.

Hoffman,

First, by deleting the ~/library/Application Support/Accordance folder, you deleted all the modules. When Accordance opens, it will most likely ask for some of those modules.

So it may be a good idea to also delete the  ~/library/Preferences/ Accordance Prefs. folder. This will reset all your preferences and ask you to sign back in.

If you have arranged the Library in Accordance in such a way that it would be hard or time consuming to reproduce, save the Texts and Tools files in the Accordance Prefs. folder and use them to replace the ones in the new Accordance Prefs. folder that gets created.

For any further help, Please email or call our Tech Support team at techsupport@accordancebible.com, or 407.339.0266. 

• Thanks 1

All fixed now. After doing a complete re-install of the system (which is not trivial on M1 Macs), I installed the latest version of Accordance. Then I copied over my ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance folder from a backup on the old Mac (rather than using Migration Assistant) and repaired the permissions. Everything is working.

Edited by hoffman
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1