The Israelite Samaritan Version of the Torah: First English Translation Compared with the Masoretic Version

mgvh

While Accordance has the Samaritan Pentateuch in Hebrew, it would be nice to have an accompanying English translation. Here's one:

The Israelite Samaritan Version of the Torah: First English Translation Compared with the Masoretic Version

(There is a 'free' English version for eSword.)

• Like 8

Yes, this would make a very nice addition to Accordance!

Yes please

While Accordance has the Samaritan Pentateuch in Hebrew, it would be nice to have an accompanying English translation. Here's one:

(There is a 'free' English version for eSword.)

I have this as a User Bible in Accordance already.  Send me a private message with your email address and I will share.  The versification isn't 100% perfect, as it is extremely tricky to match up precisely.  But it works very well overall.

The copyright info I have on it states the following (from BibleWorks, where I believe I originally got the text), so I feel free to share.

"Provided by Aleksandr Sigalov at the Interlinear Pentateuch: http://sites.google.com/site/interlinearpentateuch/dedication-and-copyright-info Mr. Sigalov blogs at http://thedeserttabernacle.blogspot.com  According to the Interlinear Pentateuch site, "All texts presented on this web site, for view and download, are hereby licensed for non-commercial and/or educational and/or research use. In the future I may change the license status to GPL."  The text has been converted in June 2012 for use with BibleWorks by Jim Darlack for distribution on the 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org), with the permission of Aleksandr Sigalov."

Edited by TYA

While Accordance has the Samaritan Pentateuch in Hebrew, it would be nice to have an accompanying English translation. Here's one:

(There is a 'free' English version for eSword.)

Since it wasn't clear to me at first, I want to point out that mgvh is referring to two different translations: The Israelite Samaritan Version of the Torah was translated by Benyamim Tsedaka, while the version found in eSword, BibleWorks, Tyndale House's STEP, and perhaps elsewhere is by Aleksandr Sigalov. The latter is done in the style of the KJV to facilitate comparison.

• Like 3

The Israelite Samaritan Version of the Torah was translated by Benyamim Tsedaka

Thanks for the correction / clarification jlm.  On that note, I would also be happy to have more translations such as this one above.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2

I would love to have the one in mgvh’s first post. Note Abegg’s recommendation:

Martin Abegg

"More than simply a translation, this is a document infused with the unique culture of the Israelite-Samaritans as no other English translation could be. . . Truly an historic piece of literature."

• Like 3