Bug: what is the Hebrew alef bet?

Iconoclaste

Text: HMT-W4, search option: Words.

Search criteria (see screen shot, I tried typing it into this text box, but I only managed to get a headache): post-33331-0-32376400-1611773327_thumb.png

Opening the analysis tab and changing the sort to “Alphabetical” shows that Accordance does not know the Hebrew alef-bet. It did not find words with initial zayins but it found words with initial seens, yet no sheens. 

It seems like the range in the parentheses is interpreted from the perspective of the corresponding English US keyboard stroke in the Yehudit font. Zayin = 'Z' and that's the last letter of the English alphabet even though zayin is the seventh letter in Hebrew. Seen = 'C' which is the third letter of the English alphabet, even though that's the second last Hebrew letter.

So, hopefully this should be an easy fix. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi Andre,

I know this is a very old post but these type of searches should be much better with the latest version of Accordance (13.3.x), Letters searching, and the latest version of HMT-W4. 

Thank you for the feedback,

Mike

Great! Yes, I noticed when I was searching for verbs with guttural letters as their radicals! It is very handy that you don't have to enter commas if you want to find specific letters that are not in alphabetical order with the wildcard ?.