Zone and Window behaviour

RevM

Would it be possible to make the zones and windows behave like 'windows' rather than pains? It would be so helpful to be able to resize, minimise, maximise and overlap windows. To arrange them in a useful way.

Currently if I switch to 'reading' mode I get a single, huge window. Great for reading but no information display, and if I click on a bible reference it takes me out of reading mode.

The present system is very limiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I second that request.
Free placement and sizing of windows is more logical and space efficient.

• Like 1

There should be more diversity of displaying resources. Yes, the ability to pop out a window/pane to be moved and resized independently would be helpful. And how about joining or separating these detached windows (drag and drop), like you can do with web browser tabs? That would be great! They'd be like ad-hoc sub-workspaces.

Instant Details really needs to be an independent box so it can stay visible in Reading Mode or in a Research pane/window. It could be dockable to any side of the screen, with the option to display only when hovering (like the hyperlink/URL bar at the bottom of web browsers). Also, an opacity setting. 😎  As far as logic and layout, I don't see any reason it couldn't be shared with all open workspaces, since there's only one cursor.

One last related point... The graphics boxes desperately need maneuverability. They're so unenjoyable to deal with that I rarely use graphics resources, though I own several.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel L said:

One last related point... The graphics boxes desperately need maneuverability. They're so unenjoyable to deal with that I rarely use graphics resources, though I own several.

I really agree with this point - displaying graphics is the weakest part of Accordance and it could do with some "love"

• 1 month later...

Being able to float zones and possibly panes would be very helpful. I always use 2 monitors, so it would be nice to move a zone to the other monitor to increase the usable space. I imagine some people even use 3 monitor to get even more space. Having the Instant details visible in a full screen reading mode would be very helpful, otherwise you lose the functionality of it.

• Like 1

I just found something that is related to this and do not know if it is different from what has been requested.

Right clicking on a zone tab gives an option to detach. This then creates a new workspace which can be moved and resized as desired. It still seems to be able to link back to the main workspace and has the instant details pane as well.  There does not seem to be a way to reconnect it though.

43 minutes ago, Erhard said:

There does not seem to be a way to reconnect it though.

Just grab the tab and drag it back to the previous workspace.

• Thanks 1