Can't Copy Bibliography of Commentaries

Guntis

Hi, 

I select portion of text in NAC, right-click > Copy As > Bibliography. Paste in Pages — nothing is pasted. Go to Edit menu > Paste — nothing. Try to copy as Citation. Also only selected commentary text is pasted, no Bibliography. The same with NICOT.

Accorance 13.1.5. MacOS 11.1.

Pages.app does not support the "Insert citation as footnote" feature, so make sure you have that turned off in Bibliography preferences.

If you are still having this problem with that setting off, give me paragraph number you are trying to copy from, and post a screenshot of your Bibliography and Citation Preferences.

Thank you! As soon as I turned footnotes off in the Bibliography preferences, all works as expected. 

But can it be formatted also specifically for Pages? Because when I copy anything with the footnotes in Pages, I can paste it elsewhere and footnotes are also retained. Apparently text for the footnotes must be formatted differently? 

• Like 1

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking

If I create text with a footnote in Apple Pages, I can select that text, including the footnote reference number, cut and then paste it elsewhere in the document, and footnote text goes along with it. It means that Pages has some special formatting for footnotes which preserves footnote text in the clipboard. Theoretically Accordance could generate Bibliography info according to this formatting. 

That might be possible, if Apple has made public the data structure that they add to the clipboard to store the footnotes.  I can't find any documentation on it, though.