Papers

ddarling

I enjoy/hate using Papers to write my manuscript of my sermons. Then I use my iPad in the pulpit to preach the sermon. It would really be helpful if:

1. There was a way of including page numbers. I give the manuscript to the person who manages the slides and it would be helpful if I did not have to handwrite the page numbers.

2. It would be helpful it I could copy the whole text and put it into Pages or Word

3. I really wish I could highlight a text in Papers from my iPad. I use the font colors because I cannot highlight. But usually, Sunday morning I will think "I really need to highlight this so that I do not forget it." But I can't from my iPad.

4. I also wish that it would save my work more frequently–I really wish we could get rid of Dropbox. I will work on my sermon, sync to Dropbox, just to find out that it didn't and the work is lost somewhere that I cannot find. 

5. Having spell check as you go would be good too. 

6. I really wish that there was a way to tag the sermons when saving them. It would really be nice if more options were given when I save the file, that way I can put the sermon right in the series that I am preaching. Since I preach Sunday morning (English and Spanish), Sunday evening, Wednesday evening and Men's Bible study. It would be great that I could just add each sermon to the series I am preaching. Dragging and dropping the sermon into the file after I have made it causes problems with opening the file on my iPad.

I really like Papers, these things would just make it better! 

Daniel

• Like 3

Daniel,

I don't work for Accordance, but I also write & preach from papers in Accordance.

1. Can't help you

2. If you are in the paper with nothing selected and hit Command+A, it will select everything, you can then Command+C to copy and paste into whatever program you would like (just tried it to verify and worked swimmingly well)

3. I relish the day we can edit papers in iOS

4. I have experienced the same frustration with Dropbox, one solution for me has been to sync more often and not waiting to exit to sync. This seems to help pretty well.

6. You could add tags to the paper name i suppose, but that would not be elegant at all

• Like 2

Daniel,

I don't work for Accordance, but I also write & preach from papers in Accordance.

1. Can't help you

2. If you are in the paper with nothing selected and hit Command+A, it will select everything, you can then Command+C to copy and paste into whatever program you would like (just tried it to verify and worked swimmingly well)

3. I relish the day we can edit papers in iOS

4. I have experienced the same frustration with Dropbox, one solution for me has been to sync more often and not waiting to exit to sync. This seems to help pretty well.

6. You could add tags to the paper name i suppose, but that would not be elegant at all

Thank you!!!!! I really appreciate the tip for selecting all!!!

• Like 1