Search on Lexeme & Inflected opens to blank / gray window

TYA

Great day Accordance Team,

I reported this issue over a year ago when version 13 (beta) first came out.  I still encounter this once every day or two (or intensive use).  Usually, restarting the program once resolves this problem, but today I just restarted the program three times in a row, and this glitch keeps happening.  I'm trying to search in the HPESHNT-T module for both Lexeme and Inflected, and I'm getting these blank / gray windows with nothing in them.  The program is totally glitching, and it is very annoying.

'm using 13.1.4 and don't want to update right now because of the golden rule, "If it's not broken don't fix it" and because there aren't any new features available that I want (like the Find on Page apparatus).  This is obviously not a new issue I'm describing above, so it shouldn't still be happening by now, I would think.  See attached please.  Thank you.

post-35231-0-67244600-1609857991_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-92924900-1609857998_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few questions, to help me determine what type of bug this is, since I can't reproduce in 13.1.5:

1. If you resize the window or the tab, does it have any notable effect?
  2. If you drag the tab to a new zone, does it have any notable effect?
  3. How many other workspaces do you have open, if any?
  4. Does clicking the verse up/down arrows at the bottom of the screen have any notable effect?
  5. Does changing the verse in the go-to box at the bottom have any notable effect?

High Silas.  The next time it happens, I will try to perform these tests for you.  Thank you so much, and hope you are well.

• Like 1

Back again with answers, Silas.

#1) No.  See attached screenshot demonstration

#2) I can't drag it anywhere.  It won't go.  See attached screenshot demonstration.

#3) In this case, 8.  And I always have multiple tabs or workspaces open.

#4) No, none whatsoever.  I've tried clicking verse, chapter, book buttons, moving the verse slider, and even changed the search word in the window.  None of these help.

#5) This too, along with what I wrote above, has no effect whatsoever.  In short, the window is completely defunct with the gray background.

Note that this particular issue we're discussing isn't the same as when the menu stops working, which I just posted in the post "

Accordance keeps "disintegrating" (falling apart)"

post-35231-0-02681800-1611191017_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-97376500-1611191020_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

That "X" that appears on screen - does it do anything if you click it?  It looks like you're having random controls draw on your screen, and I'm trying to figure out where they could be coming from.

• Like 1

For this question about the "X" I will have to wait for the next malfunction to test it  :)

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Still having this problem (see attached).  I forgot to ch648848896_Accordance-grayblank.thumb.jpg.09a37fbd61180c35e8e350c2b80ea061.jpgeck out the "X" question.

• 3 months later...

Still having problems with this annoying "gray screen" bug.  Oh, it is so annoying.  Any help will be greatly appreciated to get rid of this bug.

That "X" that appears on screen - does it do anything if you click it?  It looks like you're having random controls draw on your screen, and I'm trying to figure out where they could be coming from.

Silas, here is what is happening with the gray box and the "X" you asked about.  It is almost as though Accordance is trying to overlay five versions on top of each other, and then, after trying to "X" out of all of those, it opens a totally random module.  See this series of screenshots please.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Silas, here is what is happening with the gray box and the "X" you asked about.

See that post above, as it is still important...  However, I discovered something new that I never knew about this bug.  Apparently, all is not totally lost when this "gray / blank screen" bug occurs.  Here is a screenshot showing the bug when it first happens, but in the second screenshot, I found a way to "recover" and move on from the gray / blank screen.  Apparently, the search is actually being run, but the problem is that the proper versions aren't displaying as they should.

But again, I can manually open a version from the "Add Parallel" option, which displays just fine; and then from there, I can add the Text Browser to it, as I always like to do.  Please see attached, if this helps diagnose the bug, or something.

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

Edited by TYA

• 3 months later...

Sorry if it comes across wrong, but I'd really appreciate a solution to this bug, because even to this day, this happens almost every time I amplify a search in a tagged module more than once or twice.  I mean this: once I've opened Accordance and amplified a search on root or lexeme, I know that there's a 50/50 chance the next time I try to do the same thing again, I'll get the blank/gray screen.

Again, I'm not trying to come across as complaining, but if I may: the variety of bugs that plague my Accordance experience mean that the program either crashes, or I have to restart it approximately once per every 2-3 hours of use.  That means essentially daily.

Now, I could easily understand this predicament back when I was still using Windows 7 on an ancient Panasonic Toughbook, but now I have a brand new Windows 10 gaming laptop, so I'd be surprised if my user experience was totally unique anymore.

Anyway, thanks Accordance.  Hope it didn't come across too negative :)

• Like 2