Bug/Correction

Iconoclaste

Not sure whether to report this as a bug or a correction. 

See the image below. What is χρασισ and why is it listed as an inflected form when I did a search for the tag [CONJUNCTION conditional]?post-33331-0-63019800-1609548159_thumb.png

When I double-clicked on the inflected form, it entered the following search criteria: ἐάν_1@"=χρασισ" and found the word κἄν, which is definitely quite funny. There is some logic to this.

Also, the [CRASIS] search tag finds no results in the NA28 despite there being plenty of crases with the word και in the NA28

[crasis] works for me. I get 144 hits in the NA28 Greek NT, which sounds low to me but maybe not.

Total number of verses = 137
  (total number of verses displayed = 137)

[crasis] (144 total words)

Number of different forms = 7:
(Triple-click a form to see its occurrences)

κἀγώ    (καί, ἐγώ)    and I (crasis) = 82
        κἀκεῖ    (καί, ἐκεῖ)    and there (crasis) = 10
        κἀκεῖθεν    (καί, ἐκεῖ, θεν)    and from there (crasis) = 10
        κἀκεῖνος    (καί, ἐκεῖ)    and that one, even that one (crasis) = 22
        κἄν    (καί, εἰ, ἄν)    and if = 16
        τοὐναντίον    (ὁ, ἀντί)    on the contrary (adv) = 3
        τοὔνομα    (ὁ, ὄνομα)    the name (crasis) = 1

The χρασισ thing is a special tag word - there are a couple in Hebrew texts as well - that encode the feature so that it can be found in certain searches. It's documented http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/11_ggtt/entering_greek_lexical_and_inflected_forms.htm?Highlight=%CF%87%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%83%CE%B9%CF%82

Thx

D

Hmm... When I type "χρασισ" it finds those 144, but when I go to the search>enter tags menu and select Crasis, Accordance gives me an error message when I run the search for just [CRASIS]

Ok, that's odd. I just tried that and it got the same result as just typing [crasis] in the search box.

What version of Acc are you running and is you NA28 Greek NT module up to date ?

I am on 13.1.5 and my NA28 Greek NT version is 3.3

I just checked and I see there is a 3.4 version out. Are you on that by any chance ?

Thx

D

I am not seeing the 3.4 update this morning. I don't know where it has gone. Hmmm..... maybe I misread it - regardless my query still works.

Thx

D

Hi Daniel, 

The bug occurred in the NA28 Greek NT (Sigla). I was on version 2.6. I just updated to 2.7 and it works correctly, now! 

Thanks for sharing that link to the special uses of “χρασισ" in searches. 

Actually, I'm not sure everything is so rosy. Either the Help needs to be updated (it is the same on the website version), or there is still a problem. The Help says to search for "χρασισ" like that, in quotation marks. But Accordance thinks I'm trying to enter an inflected for when I do so, whereas before the update, "χρασισ" worked to find [craseis.attachment=15950:crasis 1.png]post-33331-0-63931800-1610056747_thumb.png

What is odd to me is that the [CRASIS] tag will only properly join to a word when the + symbol is added, which refers to the root ἐγώ rather than the lexeme ἐγώ. Crasis is the combination of lexemes, not the combination of roots. post-33331-0-97934400-1610056899_thumb.pngpost-33331-0-73746800-1610056910_thumb.png

Sorry the thumbnails aren't posting properly.

post-33331-0-48883400-1610056737_thumb.png

Edited by Iconoclaste