Citing particular Author of reference in multi-volume set

Tom

Does anyone have a suggestion for the easiest way to find the author of a particular book of the bible from a multi-volume set like Expositor's Bible Commentary? I often want to use the author's name in a quotation for my presentations. But to find the particular author on, say the book of Psalms in the EBC commentary set is difficult (as far as I can tell). Let's say I want to quote the commentary in Psalm 22. I have to:

> Type in Psalms in the "Go to" box in bottom left corner.

> Then scroll backward to the actual beginning of the reference on Psalms, because Accordance only takes me back to verse 1 of Psalms, not back to the beginning of the introductory notes for the book of Psalm.

> In this case, EBC notes for the book of Psalms in quite lengthy, so the scrolling takes additional time and is quite clumsy.

Does anyone have any suggestions to do this simpler, faster and more elegantly?

Tom

Open the Browser of the tool window and click on the book name, it takes you to the beginning of that volume and gives the author's name.

Open the Browser of the tool window and click on the book name, it takes you to the beginning of that volume and gives the author's name.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I hope I am and probably are). To do this I need to:

1. Go to "File" > "New window" > "Reference Tool" to bring up a new window that contains EBC. (my study pain doesn't include a browser option).

2. In the new tabbed reference window, from drop down window that lists all my reverences select EBC.

3. In EBC window, click on the triangle button beside "Browser" to reveal contents of EBC.

4. Find (scroll) select and click on Bible Book that I am looking for.

5. Click-drag and copy desired information.

6. Dismiss Reference Tool window.

7. Paste in desired program.

I'm wrong, right?

Tom

Yes, if the EBC is visible in the reference pane of a Search or Text window, there is no browser for the tool. However, you can use the Library window or Resource palette to open EBC directly (rather than just opening a Reference tool window and changing it to EBC). You can leave the window or tab open and even tie it to your Search window so that when you are in a specific book it would take only a click on the tab and then a click on the browser to take you to the author. You can then c;lick the Prior button on the tool to scroll both tabs back to where you were in the text.

Is it a Freudian slip that you refer to a window pain? I am sorry that you are finding it a pain to use the EBC. It's a great commentary, and Accordance offers so many options that I am sure that you will find ways to use it that fit your own workflow.

Is it a Freudian slip that you refer to a window pain? I am sorry that you are finding it a pain to use the EBC. It's a great commentary, and Accordance offers so many options that I am sure that you will find ways to use it that fit your own workflow.

LOL

Not a pain, just trying to figure out what is the fastest way to do something I find myself needing quite often not just in EBC but other reference works as well.

Thanks.

Tom

Archived