Construct Search doesn't Work Properly With Untagged Greek, Hebrew etc. Texts

Fabian

Hello

Try to use the Greek Vamvas or the Delitzsch Hebrew NT, Smith Van Dyke or any other text like this categories. Untagged Texts. 

The problem beginns with the Command-1 to 3. For example. Command-1 open the Construct Window, but with the wrong text loaded. Command-2 for the Greek opens also with the wrong text. Try to make a search...

In the Greek Construct you get an error. Because the texts are untagged.

In the Simple Construct choose the Vamvas and the search fails.

Fabian

Maybe on Windows too.

I think the best would be: If the starting point is a not grammatically tagged text, this part isn't load in the construct search by pressing command-2, Command-3 and by starting over the select and then go to the Construct search, to not confuse the users.

Fabian

I tested it again and to select a part and use the automatic contract search, this works. But to make changes have the same problems as I mentioned above.

• 1 year later...

I really would love if Accordance give more attention to fix bugs in general and also this one.

• 2 weeks later...

There is hardly any support for user modules, and construct searches won't work at all with untagged texts.

image.thumb.png.b1644cb57047723a9d618b7b6bc4802c.png

This is to fix or to develop before the release of 14!!! Simply because this is another case where Accordance has started something but never really finished.

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

There is hardly any support for user modules, and construct searches won't work at all with untagged texts.

image.thumb.png.b1644cb57047723a9d618b7b6bc4802c.png

I think the reason untagged texts aren't supported is that there's not much of a reason to use a construct search unless you're dealing with grammatical and/orsyntactical forms. Is there a search you'd like to perform in a User Text that isn't possible using the Search Entry box? 

5 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I think the reason untagged texts aren't supported is that there's not much of a reason to use a construct search unless you're dealing with grammatical and/orsyntactical forms. Is there a search you'd like to perform in a User Text that isn't possible using the Search Entry box? 

NO. Otherwise they wouldn't be a Command+1, means Simple Construct. 

The problem is, no construction works for the untagged OL texts. Either the Simple Construct nor the Greek and Hebrew does. 

This is simply not finished developed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fabian said:

NO. Otherwise they wouldn't be a Command+1, means Simple Construct. 

The problem is, no construction works for the untagged OL texts. Either the Simple Construct nor the Greek and Hebrew does. 

This is simply not finished developed. 

I see. Thanks for clarifying that! 

I guess what we need is a special "Simple" construct search for untagged texts when they're rtl languages. There would be no "Agree" or "Key" options.
Then we'd need another one for ltr languages without the same options. 

Still not sure how helpful that would be. You could so easily perform any search in the Search Entry Box when grammatical forms or key numbers aren't involved. 

You cannot search all searches in the normal search entry box. I sent you lastly an issue with the Help Files.

Much simpler, Accordance should recognize if the text is a grammatically one or not, if not then habit as a Simple Construct even if we use the Greek construct or the Hebrew construct.  The issue is not related to rtl alone. Greek is also affected. The bugs lies in Helena, Sylvanus, Yehudit, etc. all betacode texts. In my first post I have wrote some examples.

For example, I have a untagged Greek text. I choose the Command+2 and Accordance recognize the untagged text, change to a simple construct habit and hide or grey out the non supported options.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1