Update! Accordance 13.1.5 (Win/Mac)

R. Mansfield

Accordance for Windows & macOS devices has been updated to version 13.1.5 with many changes, updates, and fixes. This is a free update to all Accordance 13 owners. Got to Check for App Update from inside the application or download directly from our servers.

Changes 

• Live click now works in the Alignment pane for verse lookup, lexicon lookup, and word usage. 
  • Added support for the analytics of a negative Intertext search, like ברא@-[LXX1 ποιεω]. 
  • When clicking on a Hebrew Research Pie chart section, the resulting search will now be the same (grammatical vs literal) as the source research. As a side effect of this change, the “Letters” and “Flex” fields will now work in Accordance URLs.
  • Added support for generation and processing of new Accord URL support for opening a Syntax database and optionally scrolling to a verse:
    • Syntax is the ‘study’ action with ‘syntax’ as the type, specifying the database as the query, with an optional scroll to. (e.g. accord://study/syntax?MT-AFD.syntax#Psa._10:3)
    • Links can be generated with a right-click in the Syntax pane to link to the verse clicked inside.
  • For the Andersen-Forbes database, updated two Noun Phrase labels in the Syntax Tree pane.
  • Added missing support for performing MTLXX actions on new MT-AFD text using the TEXT command.
  • Added support, when displaying Syntax results in the Analysis, to account for both bracket type and subType, distinguishing between forms like P and Pc.
  • Tutorial categories in the tutorial menu will now be alphabetized in the language they are shown, rather than keeping the English ordering.
  • The Syntax, Diagram, and WordMap will now have a placeholder image in the cover spot when showing “About This Text”.
  • Tools without Bibliography Information will now use the module title when bibliography format is set to one of the “Simple” modes.
  • The items from the "External URL Style" menu in Export preferences will now show when searching preferences.
  • It is now possible to copy information from Accordance error messages using “Ctrl+c” on Windows, or “Cmd+c” on Mac. The text of the error message does not need to be selected for this to work. The copied text will include debug information which should help developers identify the circumstances that lead to the error message.
  • French, Spanish, and Chinese Localization updates.
  • Updated Help for 13.1.5
Searching Fixes 
  • Optimization improvement for Intertext Searches.
  • Issue that prevented Intertext searches specifying both source and destination length modifiers.
  • Various optimizations of MTLXX Analysis of HMT or LXX results.
  • The Alignment Pane would do Live Click actions even if the checkbox was unchecked.
  • Now the character search will work properly for certain texts such as the NIV-GKE, which have the extended Strongs tagging.
  • Triple click in the NASB 2020 would open the dictionaries for the older NASB, even after having the module updated to explicitly make it default to the NASB 2020 dictionaries.
  • The wrong key number would be retrieved when amplifying single letter English words. (E.g. “O” in Gen 43:20 KJVS)
  • When amplifying selected Hebrew, sometimes the suffix would be treated as part of the selection even if it was not.
  • Greek gloss database was updated. “It includes updates for Hippolytus”.
Syntax Fixes 
  • Cross-highlighting from the nodes in the Syntax Tree pane to the source text will now better handle cases in which the node syntax extends over two or more verses.
  • When rendering the Syntax Tree words in Hebrew, extraneous characters such as brackets are now removed to avoid word clutter, especially on the QUMRAN text module.
  • Generating a Construct window from a selection in texts with Syntax tagging, which would sometimes cause a crash under certain conditions.
  • Showing the Syntax tag in the Instant Details box, which did not appear for certain conditions.
  • The display of the Andersen-Forbes Syntax in the Analysis Tab will now show the same Syntax data that is shown in the Instant Details.
  • The proper display of the Andersen-Forbes morphological tags in the Analysis Tab.
  • Improved searching for a null tag, when it is at the end of a phrase in the Holmstedt syntax.
Interface/Rendering Fixes 
  • The Alignment Pane would do a 2D selection rectangle when starting on a row name, which may inadvertently block a click on that row name.
  • Missing “Set Display” hotkey in the gear menu for the Info Pane, Alignment Pane, and Syntax Tree Pane.
  • Compared Text panes wouldn’t update after changing the value in the compare gear menu.
  • The cross highlighting would not go away when the cursor was moved off a word in the Syntax pane or the Alignment pane.
  • Where cross-highlighting from a Diagram pane would immediately disappear.
  • A Syntax pane in a tab behind another tab could still draw its horizontal scroll bar on top of other tabs when loading a workspace.
  • In the Syntax Tree pane for the Greek New Testament, removed duplicate consecutive words that appear because of variant forms, such as in Romans 1:20.
  • In the Syntax Tree pane, improved the rectangle position of the cross-highlighting in both the vertical display for the AF Syntax, and for the horizontal display for all Syntax displays.
  • A Notes pane would scroll to the wrong note when adding a new note.
  • Certain Tools wouldn’t display Highlights or Pen Highlights.
  • Where article author names that use initials were being shown with the wrong capitalization at the top of Tool panes.
  • When the language typed in a Tool’s Table Of Contents wouldn’t reflect the language selected in the menu.
  • The “Add User Note” icon wouldn’t appear in Tool paragraphs that had a note already, even if that note was not in the first line of the paragraph.
  • In the Research pie chart menu, “Inflected” would be dimmed instead of “Intertext”.
  • The default Research group set in the Preferences was not being respected. 
  • The Instant Details text size for Rosetta characters, such as in UGAR-T would be sized as though they were Hebrew. They will now be sized as though they were English.
  • The English Transliteration of the Lexical form was not being shown in Instant Details.
  • A glyph rendering issue in unicode right-to-left language texts where the text rendering could interpret the second line of a verse as Mac roman characters while showing as Interlinear.
  • Where the spaces between verses would be cut out if the previous verse ended with a superscript, and the preferences for “strip superscripts” and “Omit entire reference” were turned on.
  • In the TEXT command dialog, where values entered in the “Hit length” boxes would be applied even if the “Use advanced settings” checkbox had been unchecked.
  • Copying Greek or Hebrew from a Text or Tool and pasting it into the rename tab dialog would give English characters.
  • The hidden link in a Tool Citation was offset by the width of the Citation markers.
  • When copying Hebrew text from a Text to a User Tool the style information was being overwritten. 
  • Editing a User Tool with several line breaks in a row would potentially mess up formatting in the remainder of the document if the line break characters had different styles.
  • Issue when opening the Update link dialog for an existing resource link for Tools with an apostrophe in the name.
  • The title for popover images was being cut off.
  • The (Cmd/Ctrl)+Left and (Cmd/Ctrl)+Right hotkeys would not scroll a zoomed image left or right.
  • For pictures that had been popped out to a tab, the arrow keys would change the image title text, but not the image.
  • Changing the Library order of modules wouldn’t update all internal references to module order.
  • Shift+click in the paid updates list would make the download button activate, despite this list not being able to download anything, ever.
  • The tab names for map or Atlas would be lost if they used unicode characters.
  • Dark Mode display for the Arrange Tag Preferences.
User Bible Import Fixes 
  • A versification with out of order verses and/or chapters (e.g. NRSV2) would not work even if the imported text matched the verses exactly.
  • When spaces between styled words would be omitted.
  • For Greek Bible import, several characters that are also valid in other languages wouldn’t be recognized as Greek, forcing the entire Bible to be unicode.
  • For Greek Bible import, accents wouldn’t be handled correctly when converting from Unicode.
  • For Greek Bible import, the character GREEK KORONIS (U+1FBD) that indicates an elided vowel was incorrectly being put over the preceding consonant instead of to the right of it.
Miscellaneous Fixes 
  • Items just added to the Stack in Dark Mode would still use a dark font color in the bibliography.
  • The “Parallel Passages” section of the Info Pane would not bring up all the pertinent information.
  • Opening an outline by clicking the Info Pane title would cause future clicks in the Info Pane to open more outline panes.
  • Added missing Instant Details preview of accord Tutorial links.
  • Where a Notes pane would not open the Edit window to the same note again after a previous Edit window had updated the note.
  • When editing a note in parallel to a Tool, the Edit window would always open to the first note for the paragraph, even if a later one was where the text was entered.
  • Editing a User Note in the middle of a paragraph for a Tool that is in parallel to a Text would instead edit the note at the start of the paragraph.
  • In User Tools the “[All English]” category was never usable.
  • Issue preventing copying text from the Web Browser URL bar.
  • The Library search would not execute if it contained unicode characters, even though some Library items support unicode names.
  • Crash that could occur when loading a Construct containing an “Any” tag in a workspace created in Accordance 13.1.3 or earlier.
  • Crash that could occur with certain Intertextual searches.
  • Crash due to TEXT attempting to use differences to map tagged texts of different languages.
  • The context menu for a Tool search bar would not dim “Enter Word…” for the “[All English]” category, which would cause a crash when clicked.
  • Crash that could occur after switching back and forth between the Tool Display preferences and the Text Display preferences.
  • It was possible to use a Pen Highlighter in a pane that doesn’t support Pen Highlighting, which would cause a crash.
  • Crash if clicking above the stat columns in the Set Analysis Display.
  • Crash that could occur when using the recent “Modify Entire User Tool” feature.
  • Crashes when converting old User Notes to new User Notes.
  • Crash that could occur when attempting to print a text differences tab, if the “Page width same as tab” printing preference was turned on.
  • Crashes that would occur if the Atlas was closed with the User Layer editing palette still open. 
  • Crash that could occur when inserting a location URL into a citation bibliography.
  • Rare crash that could occur when using MT-LXX cross-highlighting.
Mac specific fixes
  • Added initial support for the Santa Fe standard for synchronized scrolling between applications (‘Scroll Text with other Applications’ option is a General preference).
  • Dragging and dropping Hebrew from a Text to a User Tool Edit window would try to convert the text twice.
  • Command+RightArrow would not scroll the Atlas or Timeline to the right.
  • Potential crash when completing an In App upgrade (Mac App Store).
Windows specific fixes
  • Accordance will now use Microsoft Edge for the web browser on Windows 10, instead of Internet Explorer. However, this requires that the beta version of Microsoft Edge be installed. This feature has been available to Aleph users for a while, this just makes it available in the release. Users who have the Microsoft Edge browser beta installed, but who wish to keep using Internet Explorer for the Accordance Web Browser can check the “Use Legacy Web Browser” in Web Browser preferences.
  • It was no longer possible to link to Dropbox if the user was still using the legacy web browser. This was because Dropbox discontinued support for the Internet Explorer browser. Now users who try to authorized Dropbox in this case will have it done in an external browser.
  • Moved the option ‘Scroll Text with other Applications’ from the Utilities menu to a proper General preference.
  • The arrow keys would not move the cursor position in the Preferences search box.
  • Issue that was causing a doubled up ampersand in the Paper Display dialog.
  • The sort menu in the Analytics tab would appear blank when first opened, instead of showing the current sort type.
  • Improved the Crash Log file creation routine to be more reliable in creating files, rather than erroring in an Access Denied error.
  • Tweaks to the GetVerses interaction with Office 365 to prevent crashes.

• Like 6

I have a layout that has live click active. If I open a commentary from the Info Pane and then single click on a word that should be in Bible dictionaries Accordance crashes. Mac OS 10.14.6. Accordance 13.1.5.

Try Rev 1.1 and then open a commentary from the Info Pane and single click on the word Revelation.

John, I can't replicate this on my Mac.  Everything seems fine.... What specific commentary are you single clicking?  

Thanks for checking. I have selected a few of them. Expositors, Phillips, Tyndale. I opened a brand new workspace with the ESV, NA28 and Info Pane in parallel. Live Click active. It could be how I have Live Click Set up...

I have tried to remove the custom look up, but the same thing.

Thanks for following up.

post-1391-0-25517000-1608393844_thumb.png

My only difference is text browser instead of research and my lexicon opens in a preset workspace in the background.   I can't see either making a lot of difference.  You may have picked up a small bug somewhere.  You could try safe mode start up...  Hold ⌥ option key and start up Accordance and tick the clean up section.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

It works if I change from Delayed to Instant in the Interactions section. Now we know the cause, maybe the bug can get fixed.

Thanks

• Like 2

Good, at least you've localised it.  I would report it as an official bug.

Was dark mode fixed? I'm still getting an alert to restart Accordance when it gets night time.

Thanks Accordance, for this amazing update.  Some very significant updates, specifically w/ Live Click.   

I updated my windows accordance but I don't have a clue what most of the updates are.  Please provide a webinar to explain the updates.

I updated my windows accordance but I don't have a clue what most of the updates are.  Please provide a webinar to explain the updates.

If you open the Help files in Accordance it leads you to some explanations.

Fabian