How to import user text in iOS?

Ronelh

I work with Bible translation in several local languages of Chad. A volunteer has recently converted some of our translations for Accordance as user texts. I was able to import them to Accordance on my PC quite easily, and it looks like it will be useful as we move forward. Now I would like to import these texts to the Accordance app on my iPad in order to have more mobile access to them. But I can’t find a way to import user texts in the iOS app. Is this a feature not yet available for the iOS app, or am I missing something?

As the iOS has also a Download Folder etc. it would be great to have an import like on Win/Mac, by double click on the module.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information.  I couldn't get it to "sync with mobile device" - maybe it's because the instructions are for a Mac and my computer is Windows.  At any rate, it just sits on "searching for device" and never finds anything.  It says to make sure my device is in sync mode, which it is, but that doesn't help.

I then tried to sync with dropbox on my iPad, but that didn't work either.  It was able to link to my dropbox account, but when I tried to sync it, the app crashed.  When I restarted the app, it had deleted all my texts from the app, and apparently disconnected my account as well.  Fortunately, I'm currently in the USA with decent internet, and was able to re-connect my account and re-download my most important resources.  Except the user texts, of course. :(

So, now I'm a bit afraid to try again - it's frustrating and disturbing to have the app crash and delete all my resources from the app.  I think I'll just stick with the user texts on my computer.  It would have been nice to have them on my iPad but it isn't essential.  At least I can have Hebrew and Greek on the app, and that is at least something useful.