Unable use Dropbox: Upgrade your browser to use Dropbox

MFriend

I get an error:  Upgrade your browser to use Dropbox    when I try to turn on Sync to Dropbox in Accordance (latest version).

I have the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome already installed.  I tried changing from one to the other as the set default with no luck.

Not sure how to get around this...

post-35453-0-06385500-1607552601_thumb.png

• Like 1

When clicking "Link to Dropbox" in the preferences, try holding Control+Shift.  This should force the link to open in an external browser, instead of Accordance's web browser.  If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for us to release the fix.

• Like 1

When clicking "Link to Dropbox" in the preferences, try holding Control+Shift.  This should force the link to open in an external browser, instead of Accordance's web browser.  If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for us to release the fix.

I have the same problem.  Thanks for this suggestion.  It does indeed force the link to open in an external browser (I use Firefox), however, it still doesn't let me link Accordance to dropbox.  It ends up on a page saying "Accordance would like access to its own folder, Apps › Accordance, inside your Dropbox."  It has two buttons, "cancel" and "allow". I click "allow" but it doesn't do anything, just stays on the same page. 

So I guess I will wait for this to be fixed.

Yeah, sorry, this is fixed for the upcoming 13.1.5 release

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I'm using 13.4.2 and the problem is still not fixed.

I tried setting my default browser to both Safari and Chrome, but it still pops up that "Upgrade your browser to use Dropbox" dialog.

I just upgraded to a new mac and I can't access all my past accordance settings and highlights saved in Dropbox....

• 2 months later...

Anson, have you solved the problem? As the 13.3.2 user, I think I have solved the problem: Hold command+shift when you click "Link to Dropbox."

Edited by Malcolm Parsley
  • Like 1

Thanks for that! I wonder if that'd work for those having the issue in 14 on Ventura?

Oh, Accordance Cloud! We long for you as pilgrims in a thirsty land. How long must you delay your arrival, as we wander in the wilderness of Dropbox? 😉

Praying for the developers as they work to implement great sync.

I commented in another thread on the latest status of Cloud. Short answer: still in active development, but we need to enhance searching and take a little more advantage of our modules before we release a Customer Beta.

Enhanced syncing is coming in 14.1. We're going to do one more bug fix release with 14.0.8, then our goal is to heavily focus on getting 14.1 done.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This is helpful. I was having this issue (actually got back on the forums for the first time in a long time the other day to try and figure it out). Grateful that command-shift works for now until Accordance syncing is up and running. How long, O Lord?